Questions about a possible future trip

TheGoofster

Old Foggie
Hey guys! I have some questions that I hope can be answered from you the experts on Disney! Unfortunately I haven't been back to Disney in quite a while, but now we are hoping to go once again (one last family trip before my son gets married). Obviously there has been a lot of changes to the parks this year, and I'm not really sure about some things.
So, my first question is, are the parks open to non-floridians? Sorry if this is a basic question, but I've heard off and on about the parks only being open to certain people at certain times, etc... and I'm not really sure where it stands right now. We are hoping to plan a trip next February. Will all the parks (minus water parks) be open to everybody? Also, if they are open to all, how long in advance do you need to make reservations? (or do you even need to make reservations to go to the parks right now?)
Secondly, are the resorts open for reservations as well? If we decide to go, are all the resorts open at this point?
I'm pretty sure that right now there is no park hopping (I think), do you think that will be available by Feb. or is that more of a wait and see kind of thing?
Are restaurants open to make reservations, or are they mostly take out?
I understand that masks are now, and most likely will still be required on all Disney properties for the near future, we are OK with that, but do you think that will still be a requirement? (or again, is that more of a wait-and-see kind of thing)?
Sorry if these questions are extremely basic, but I really would appreciate the information!
Thanks guys!

Lots of "wait and see" for your questions.

As of right now, all 4 main parks are open for all guests who have tickets or passes, every day. Water parks are not open, with no opening date announced. You do need to make reservations to visit a park. Also, you are correct about no park hopping.

Right now anyone can buy park tickets, but not annual passes at this time. You will choose your dates when you buy tickets, or make a vacation package reservation. Once tickets are linked or your vacation package with tickets booked, you can book your park reservations as well. That calendar is available until 9/26/21.

Of course things can change, but officially all restrictions that are in place now will be there until at least 9/26/21, including masks. Keep watching the Disney website and these forums for any updates or changes in the months to come.

Some restaurants are open, some are not, and some were just announced to be opening soon. This link to the Disney website is the best way to keep track of that. Disney has done a good job updating their website. Scroll down to choose "Read More" under either theme parks or resorts to see what is currently open: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/dine/

For resorts, here is the list of what is open, and what is not scheduled to open at this time. Again, this can always change.

OPEN NOW:
Bay Lake Tower
Boulder Ridge
Copper Creek
Kidani Village
Beach Club Villas
Boardwalk Villas
Caribbean Beach
Contemporary
Fort Wilderness Campground & Cabins
Old Key West
Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Pop Century
Riviera
Saratoga Springs
Villas at Grand Floridian
Yacht Club

OPENING SEPTEMBER 21
Grand Floridian

OPENING OCTOBER 14
Coronado Springs

OPENING NOVEMBER 1
Art of Animation

OPENING SUMMER 2021
Polynesian

NO SCHEDULED OPENING DATE
All Star Movies
All Star Music

All Star Sports
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside
Wilderness Lodge

Last edited:
Here are my two cents:

Parks are open to all now.

Yes, you need park reservations, and will likely need to do so for the foreseeable future. Easily made online. Crowded dates like holidays will fill up faster.

Some hotels are open, some aren't. Just check the website. Same with restaurants.

No park hopping until they say otherwise. Time will tell.

Masks will likewise be a staple until they aren't. Assume it will be enforced until it isn't.

Good luck!

P.S. - Are you still in Mexico City, as your profile says? I recently moved back to the U.S. after two amazing years there.

Lots of "wait and see" for your questions.

As of right now, all 4 main parks are open for all guests who have tickets or passes, every day. Water parks are not open, with no opening date announced. You do need to make reservations to visit a park. Also, you are correct about no park hopping.

Right now anyone can buy park tickets, but not annual passes at this time. You will choose your dates when you buy tickets, or make a vacation package reservation. Once tickets are linked or your vacation package with tickets booked, you can book your park reservations as well. That calendar is available until 9/26/21.

Of course things can change, but officially all restrictions that are in place now will be there until at least 9/26/21, including masks. Keep watching the Disney website and these forums for any updates or changes in the months to come.

Some restaurants are open, some are not, and some were just announced to be opening soon. This page is the best way to keep track of that. Disney has done a good job updating their website. Scroll down to choose "Read More" under either theme parks or resorts to see what is currently open: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/dine/

For resorts, here is the list of what is open, and what is not scheduled to open at this time. Again, this can always change.

OPEN NOW:
Bay Lake Tower
Boulder Ridge
Copper Creek
Kidani Village
Beach Club Villas
Boardwalk Villas
Caribbean Beach
Contemporary
Fort Wilderness Campground & Cabins
Old Key West
Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Pop Century
Riviera
Saratoga Springs
Villas at Grand Floridian
Yacht Club

OPENING SEPTEMBER 21
Grand Floridian

OPENING OCTOBER 14
Coronado Springs

OPENING NOVEMBER 1
Art of Animation

OPENING SUMMER 2021
Polynesian

NO SCHEDULED OPENING DATE
All Star Movies
All Star Music

All Star Sports
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside
Wilderness Lodge
Thank you very much! Awesome info. Now we can start looking at planning a trip.

Here are my two cents:

Parks are open to all now.

Yes, you need park reservations, and will likely need to do so for the foreseeable future. Easily made online. Crowded dates like holidays will fill up faster.

Some hotels are open, some aren't. Just check the website. Same with restaurants.

No park hopping until they say otherwise. Time will tell.

Masks will likewise be a staple until they aren't. Assume it will be enforced until it isn't.

Good luck!

P.S. - Are you still in Mexico City, as your profile says? I recently moved back to the U.S. after two amazing years there.
Thank you! Yup, we are still here in Mexico City (actually on the outskirts in Atizapan). We've been here for over 20 years now. Not a bad place to bring up our kids!

Thank you! Yup, we are still here in Mexico City (actually on the outskirts in Atizapan). We've been here for over 20 years now. Not a bad place to bring up our kids!

Awesome! We lived in Polanco near my wife's work. We miss it daily and cannot wait to return. I can't quite explain to people here just how much I need a proper taco al pastor from CDMX.

Awesome! We lived in Polanco near my wife's work. We miss it daily and cannot wait to return. I can't quite explain to people here just how much I need a proper taco al pastor from CDMX.
My daughter LOVES going to Polanco (she normally tries to go a couple times a week). Whenever people come down to see us, the first thing we like to get them to eat are some tacos al pastor. It's still my favorite mexican food. The next time we get some, I'll eat a couple for you!!!! BTW, does the Mexican pavilion in Epcot serve tacos al pastor? If so, how do they compare?

My daughter LOVES going to Polanco (she normally tries to go a couple times a week). Whenever people come down to see us, the first thing we like to get them to eat are some tacos al pastor. It's still my favorite mexican food. The next time we get some, I'll eat a couple for you!!!! BTW, does the Mexican pavilion in Epcot serve tacos al pastor? If so, how do they compare?

¡Gracias, amigo!

They allegedly have tacos al pastor at Choza de Margarita, a snack stand in World Pavilion. I'll let you know if they are any good when I visit the week after next.

Best of luck to you!

Oh, another question. Right now are you allowed to leave a park, and then re-enter the same park on the same day? Like if we wanted to go in the morning, leave for a few hours, then go back in the evening.

Oh, another question. Right now are you allowed to leave a park, and then re-enter the same park on the same day? Like if we wanted to go in the morning, leave for a few hours, then go back in the evening.

Yep. Just no park hopping. As long as you have a valid reservation and ticket, that park is yours for the day.

Dining reservations available 60 days out, even non-resort guests. Just need park ticket/ reservation.

Note that you do not need tickets or park reservations linked to BOOK dining, just to actually use the reservation, if it’s in a park.

And it’s the same as when it was 180 days — registered guests at a Disney or other qualifying resort can book dining for their entire trip at 60 days before checkin. Offsite guests can book one day at a time, 60 days out.

Note that you do not need tickets or park reservations linked to BOOK dining, just to actually use the reservation, if it’s in a park.

And it’s the same as when it was 180 days — registered guests at a Disney or other qualifying resort can book dining for their entire trip at 60 days before checkin. Offsite guests can book one day at a time, 60 days out.
Again, thank you. We might actually end up staying off-site, so that means I would basically need to make a reservation for day 1 then the next day make a reservation for day 2, and so on for the entire week (up to 60 days before)?

Keep in mind especially if you are staying off site that the parks have shorter hours now so leaving for a couple hours in the afternoon will take a good chunk out of your day.

I have a girls trip booked for March and we were able to book hopper tickets. You can only book hoppers if its a 2021 date. Of course we were also able to pick a park for each day so I went ahead and did that in case they take the hopping option away before our trip. Then I will already have those booked and not have to worry about all those trying to do it last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter