Cape May Cafe
50s Prime Time
San Angel Inn
Via Napoli
1900 Park Faire
O'hana
TRex
Be Our Guest

Many of these are new for us and I hope they will all be great! My kids are so excited about TRex! I can't wait for Be Our Guest and Kona (tonga toast - finally!). We have never done 50s PT before because they don't do the Fantasmic package but I've heard good things. We are huge fans of Ohana for breakfast but this time I'm going to try dinner. This will be our first Chef Mickey's breakfast - that one should be great. San Angel Inn and Akershus are old friends - these we are revisiting. I am a little shaky on the 1900 Park Faire and Cape May Cafe dinners and wondering if I should be doing the Backyard BBQ? (I have a hard time giving in to the ts that are 2 dining credits.)

Suggestions? Comments?

We did not enjoy 1900 Park Fare's food for dinner. Of course, there are many that have and it may have been an off night. We really enjoyed Cape May for dinner. My older two children love seafood, so it was a big hit. Not sure where you are staying, but the Boardwalk is a lot of fun to walk after dinner. Have a wonderful time. :goodvibes

We are big fans of Cape May (breakfast and dinner), which are must do's for us every trip. 1900 PF, on the other hand, wasn't all that great in our experience. Years ago when we first started going to Disney, we loved it. With that said, we did both breakfast and dinner on our December 2010 trip and while we thought the step sisters were awesome, we didn't like the food. If we did ever go back, it would be solely for the character interaction as the step sisters were great.

mickeynut1 said:
We are big fans of Cape May (breakfast and dinner), which are must do's for us every trip. 1900 PF, on the other hand, wasn't all that great in our experience. Years ago when we first started going to Disney, we loved it. With that said, we did both breakfast and dinner on our December 2010 trip and while we thought the step sisters were awesome, we didn't like the food. If we did ever go back, it would be solely for the character interaction as the step sisters were great.

You took the words right outta my mouth. Food at 1900 dinner wasn't good but step sisters were awesome. So funny. Shame about the food thou.

Booked my dining for next trip:

We have:
Breakfasts:
Chef Mickeys - this is one of our fav's whether Breakfast of Dinner a good time will be had.
Akershus -
Kona Cafe - Love this for Breakfast good choice, but coffee is strong

Dinners:
Cape May Cafe - Not on our list any more the menu has changed from what we really like, just not our style anymore.
50s Prime Time - DH hated this and will not go back, terrible service, and when we were there the place was a mess.
San Angel Inn - Margarita's:thumbsup2
Via Napoli - great food
1900 Park Faire - We went to see Mary Poppins, the wicked step sister were so loud and annoying, to the point it was completely over done
O'hana - The night we went they were off there game, I have a food allergy, and basicly I was told I was out of luck,breakfast was good will not go back for dinner
TRex - Love the Dino's and food, basic pub food, but the dino's are cool
Be Our Guest

Many of these are new for us and I hope they will all be great! My kids are so excited about TRex! I can't wait for Be Our Guest and Kona (tonga toast - finally!). We have never done 50s PT before because they don't do the Fantasmic package but I've heard good things. We are huge fans of Ohana for breakfast but this time I'm going to try dinner. This will be our first Chef Mickey's breakfast - that one should be great. San Angel Inn and Akershus are old friends - these we are revisiting. I am a little shaky on the 1900 Park Faire and Cape May Cafe dinners and wondering if I should be doing the Backyard BBQ? (I have a hard time giving in to the ts that are 2 dining credits.)

Suggestions? Comments?

We always give a place 2 try's before marking it off out list for a while, We will revisit after a couple years, but I really check out hte reviews here and at all ears. Have a magical timepixiedust:

Breakfasts:
Chef Mickeys - had dinner here, my kids want to go back. Me? Not so much
Akershus - we had lunch here and we really liked it
Kona Café - had dinner here and we really liked it

Dinners:
Cape May Café - Good!
50s Prime Time - Eh, we aren't in a rush to go back
San Angel Inn - trying it this trip
Via Napoli - trying it this trip I think
1900 Park Faire - food is ok (not horrible like people say) but if your girls like princesses, EAT HERE!
O'hana - LOVE LOVE LOVE! Our favorite
TRex - Kids love it! I thought the food was ok
Be Our Guest - trying it

Thanks for your help - I think I'm going to stick with 1900 Park Faire but I'm going in with low expectations of the food. I am going for the resort and the characters. I think my daughter will love it!

I am staying at Boardwalk (waitlisting Beach Club) so either way I will be close to Cape May Cafe so it will be a good choice for our first night. We are going to Disney's Vero Beach resort first and traveling from there to WDW on the 29th and are not planning on going to a park that day. It sounds like Cape May Cafe is worth a try. My DH and DD love seafood so they will be thrilled.

I'm still thinking about the Backyard BBQ, but maybe I'll wait until next time!

I would switch Chef Mickey's to the Tusker House. Similar experience with characters, but better food and character interaction. Plus, you're right by KS, so you can get FP's quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter