questioning my ts decisions - help!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by SafariTigger, Jan 5, 2013.

1. SafariTigger

SafariTigger Mouseketeer

Booked my dining for next trip:

We have:
    Breakfasts:
    Chef Mickeys
    Akershus
    Kona Cafe

Dinners:
    Cape May Cafe
    50s Prime Time
    San Angel Inn
    Via Napoli
    1900 Park Faire
    O'hana
    TRex
    Be Our Guest

Many of these are new for us and I hope they will all be great! My kids are so excited about TRex! I can't wait for Be Our Guest and Kona (tonga toast - finally!). We have never done 50s PT before because they don't do the Fantasmic package but I've heard good things. We are huge fans of Ohana for breakfast but this time I'm going to try dinner. This will be our first Chef Mickey's breakfast - that one should be great. San Angel Inn and Akershus are old friends - these we are revisiting. I am a little shaky on the 1900 Park Faire and Cape May Cafe dinners and wondering if I should be doing the Backyard BBQ? (I have a hard time giving in to the ts that are 2 dining credits.)

Suggestions? Comments?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneydreamkate

disneydreamkate DIS Veteran

We did not enjoy 1900 Park Fare's food for dinner. Of course, there are many that have and it may have been an off night. We really enjoyed Cape May for dinner. My older two children love seafood, so it was a big hit. Not sure where you are staying, but the Boardwalk is a lot of fun to walk after dinner. Have a wonderful time. :goodvibes

4. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

We are big fans of Cape May (breakfast and dinner), which are must do's for us every trip. 1900 PF, on the other hand, wasn't all that great in our experience. Years ago when we first started going to Disney, we loved it. With that said, we did both breakfast and dinner on our December 2010 trip and while we thought the step sisters were awesome, we didn't like the food. If we did ever go back, it would be solely for the character interaction as the step sisters were great.

5. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

You took the words right outta my mouth. Food at 1900 dinner wasn't good but step sisters were awesome. So funny. Shame about the food thou.

6. LovesTimone

LovesTimone DIS Veteran

We always give a place 2 try's before marking it off out list for a while, We will revisit after a couple years, but I really check out hte reviews here and at all ears. Have a magical timepixiedust:

7. autismgoesdisney

autismgoesdisney DIS Veteran

Breakfasts:
    Chef Mickeys - had dinner here, my kids want to go back. Me? Not so much
    Akershus - we had lunch here and we really liked it
    Kona Café - had dinner here and we really liked it

Dinners:
    Cape May Café - Good!
    50s Prime Time - Eh, we aren't in a rush to go back
    San Angel Inn - trying it this trip
    Via Napoli - trying it this trip I think
    1900 Park Faire - food is ok (not horrible like people say) but if your girls like princesses, EAT HERE!
    O'hana - LOVE LOVE LOVE! Our favorite
    TRex - Kids love it! I thought the food was ok
    Be Our Guest - trying it

8. SafariTigger

SafariTigger Mouseketeer

Thanks for your help - I think I'm going to stick with 1900 Park Faire but I'm going in with low expectations of the food. I am going for the resort and the characters. I think my daughter will love it!

I am staying at Boardwalk (waitlisting Beach Club) so either way I will be close to Cape May Cafe so it will be a good choice for our first night. We are going to Disney's Vero Beach resort first and traveling from there to WDW on the 29th and are not planning on going to a park that day. It sounds like Cape May Cafe is worth a try. My DH and DD love seafood so they will be thrilled.

I'm still thinking about the Backyard BBQ, but maybe I'll wait until next time!

9. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

I would switch Chef Mickey's to the Tusker House. Similar experience with characters, but better food and character interaction. Plus, you're right by KS, so you can get FP's quick.