Questionable Choices....

We have booked a few resturaunt choices that are usually mixed in the reviews.

Let us know what you think of them , and If we should find another choice (IYO)

1. SAN ANGEL : love this place for the atmosphere, so we have always wanted to eat there...but reviews are less than gracious....
2. RAIN FOREST CAFE: Similar situation, need a nighttime meal at AK.....not many options...
3. PLAZA: just don't know...

THANKS FOR THE INPUT AND OPTIONS!

Personally, reviews for restaurants are like reviews on how to raise your children. Everyone has an opinion but the only person who is going to know what is "right" or "wrong" is you. Those taste buds and that stomach only belong to you so try what you want and don't let others sway what you want to do and experience.

I don't like visiting "chain" restaurants when I go on vacation. RFC is probably just fine, but if I'm in WDW I'm going to want to experience a WDW restaurant...know what I mean?

Is there a reason you want to do the Plaza as opposed to hopping on the monorail and trying a resort restaurant? TS credit on a club sandwich doesn't appeal to me.

San Angel is good and a fun atmosphere!

For San Angel Inn Restaurante, we went there and I loved it. I thought the food was very good and it was enough, our server was quite nice and as you mentioned, the atmosphere is cool. My mom got mole and wasn't a fan but I thought she was brave to try it. She liked the rest of it, though (food & experience).

We also liked RFC - I thought the choice of food was fine and I liked the pot roast & potatoes I got. Yeah, the atmosphere is fun. The one negative thing was that we got a server who just wouldn't SHUT UP. They hung around talking to us while I was trying to eat. When I go out to dinner, it's nice when the staff are friendly and helpful but hey - I'm not there to have a conversation with them! I came to enjoy time with my family/friends! Just bring my food and go away, please! ;)

Otherwise I'd recommend trying both. I have not been to the Plaza. Enjoy your trip!

We have booked a few resturaunt choices that are usually mixed in the reviews.

Let us know what you think of them , and If we should find another choice (IYO)

1. SAN ANGEL : love this place for the atmosphere, so we have always wanted to eat there...but reviews are less than gracious....
2. RAIN FOREST CAFE: Similar situation, need a nighttime meal at AK.....not many options...
3. PLAZA: just don't know...

THANKS FOR THE INPUT AND OPTIONS!
We've eaten twice at San Angel Inn and liked it both times. Many people expect all Mexican restaurants to serve Tex-Mex food (tacos & burritos, etc), so are disappointed that that's not what San Angel Inn serves (they lean more towards interior Mexican). Check the menu online to see if any of the entrees look appealing. There were three of us, with different tastes, each time, and we were satisfied with our meals.

I've had pleasant experiences at all three! I think only you will know if it was the right choice after you dine there, but you'll never know until you try!

I had avoided San Angel Inn because of reviews here, but since my DD is now gluten free, it was a good option for us to try last summer....VERY glad we did! Lovely meal, which we are repeating this year!

If you are looking for a meal near the AK for dinner, you might try Boma at AKL or Maya Grill at Coronado Springs. Both are very good. Or even try Jiko at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter