Question?

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
I have a co-worker leaving for a Disney cruise on Friday. They will not be going to any of the WDW parks, but they will be in Orlando for 2-3 days after the cruise. He was wondering if there is a way for them to "see" the castle. They have a 5yo DD who would love to catch a glimpse of it.

So, before I suggest it, I'm wondering if this is possible....

Park at the TTC and walk to the Poly. There, they could take the resort monorail around the loop, stopping at one of the resorts along the way for dinner, probably counter service. Then, return to the TTC and ride the Epcot monorail loop.

I thought this would give them a chance to "see" some of WDW for the cost of parking ad a CS meal.

Thoughts?

OK, I think it would be kind of cruel to show a kid the MK or Epcot from the monorail and not take them into the park(s), but both could be done, if that's what you wanted to do.

The best way to see the castle is turning the corner on Main St.

I agree with PP. That is not the most ideal way to introduce someone to the magic of Disney. It would be such a tease. However, it is possible for them to do that. If they wanted to get a great view they could make an ADR for California Grill. From there they would have a great view of the castle. :) However, considering the fact that they leave Friday, I don't know if there would be any ADRs available but it could be worth it to check! :goodvibes

If you want to avoid the temptation of the monorail you can suggest they have dinner at Ohana (delish imo & in the Polynesian) and either before or afterwards take a quick walk to the Poly beach behind the resort. You can see the castle from the beach (both during day and at night), and it will be far enough away that it is just a glimpse and not an awful tease for a 5yr old.

I completely agree with it being a "tease" to get that close to the park and not go in. I don't think I could do it, but I guess everyone is different.

Thanks for the input....I appreciate it:)

Maybe even go on the boat then the monorail and stop off for some lunch at a resort

Personally I'd just pay for MK tickets :) I would feel so cruel!! But then again I'm soft!!

Pop for the one day tickets. I can hear the kid at first day of school - "dad took me to Disney but wouldn't let me go in."

OP your suggestion sounds good to me. After you explain it to your co-worker, I would just add "make sure you have enough in your budget to pay for park tickets, 'cause once your daughter sees it, you'll all want to go in and play!"

I haven't done a cruise, but if you asked a 5 year old if they'd rather cruise or do rides in the park, I think we all know how that would go. They need to suck it up and go into the MK for a day!

Pop for the one day tickets. I can hear the kid at first day of school - "dad took me to Disney but wouldn't let me go in."

:rotfl:

I did that to my kid once. :rolleyes1

I felt so cruel afterwards! It was a few years back during the birthday promo, we had already planned months earlier to go to disney and had tickets, then the bday promo came out and her bday lines up with a week we take to visit family every year in FL anyway. So I took her to DTD, went to guest services, used her ticket to get the gift card instead and then took her shopping. But man did I feel like a jerk going that close when she asked if we could just go in for a minute. She was older than 5 and understood why we didn't and we did go back twice that year so it was ok but still I felt bad!

For the OP, I agree that it's a bit mean to do to a 5 year old, she's just not going to understand why she can't go in. I understand if it's a time constraint or even a budget issue. If she was older I think she would be ok with just a look see but that age is a bit hard.

I have a co-worker leaving for a Disney cruise on Friday. They will not be going to any of the WDW parks, but they will be in Orlando for 2-3 days after the cruise. He was wondering if there is a way for them to "see" the castle. They have a 5yo DD who would love to catch a glimpse of it.

So, before I suggest it, I'm wondering if this is possible....

Park at the TTC and walk to the Poly. There, they could take the resort monorail around the loop, stopping at one of the resorts along the way for dinner, probably counter service. Then, return to the TTC and ride the Epcot monorail loop.

I thought this would give them a chance to "see" some of WDW for the cost of parking ad a CS meal.

Thoughts?

Seriously? Taking a 5 year old girl to the Magic Kingdom but not going in? I would say skip it until you can actually take her inside. I can only assume they have a good reason for not going to at least the MK in their 2-3 days in Orlando, but it really would be a form of torture for everyone, including the parents when the child is upset after spending all that money on the cruise vacation. I have a feeling all she'll take away from it is, "this was the vacation Mommy and Daddy didn't take me to Disney World, even though we were right there."

I completely agree that it would be cruel to show her a glimpse of the castle. Maybe her parents are not seeing this the way most of us are. Perhaps someone needs to point it out to them.

:scared1: Are you kidding me? That would be child abuse. If they do that you should call child protective services. :lmao: Tell them spring for the ticket or stay away.

My dad did that to me!! We drove to DL and then he decided he (yes HE) would prefer to go to an Angels game! :confused3 That was my only trip to California so far. I was not a happy camper! :laughing:

Look sweetie there is the place Dreams are made...no we arent going in.....:rotfl2:

My dad did that to me!! We drove to DL and then he decided he (yes HE) would prefer to go to an Angels game! :confused3 That was my only trip to California so far. I was not a happy camper! :laughing:

LOL! While it was his money to do with as he wanted....... it's YOUR memory and I don't blame you for holding on to that one! :lmao:

My wife has a "friend" who has actually done this. Things that make you go "hmmm".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter