Question

Diehl2229

Been going every year since I was very little, so
I booked my room at POP Century for January and I'm a Seasonal pass holder. I wanted to know when I would be able to add the meal plan? I called yesterday and they said I wasnt able to add it to the room as a package yet. So I wanted to ask you guys if you might know. Thanks

I am going to move this to the Resorts Board. Hopefully they can help you out.

I booked my room at POP Century for January and I'm a Seasonal pass holder. I wanted to know when I would be able to add the meal plan? I called yesterday and they said I wasnt able to add it to the room as a package yet. So I wanted to ask you guys if you might know. Thanks

I know AP holders can add the meal plan to their room res. without ticket purchase, not sure on the seasonal passes.

I'm thinking that seasonal pass holders don't get to add the dining plan without purchasing tickets. I thought that only AP holders could do that.

Edited to add: I just searched over the leading sites and they all only say that AP holders can add the dining plan with purchasing tickets. Now they don't say that seasonal pass holders can't but that isn't listed as a benefit of having a seasonal pass.

I know AP holders can add the meal plan to their room res. without ticket purchase, not sure on the seasonal passes.

And, I believe, it actually does become a package. Just a ticketless package. Which means it would have to be rebooked as such and would have all the rules of a package.

When I told them the same thing about the seasonal passes they said yes we can still add the meal plan

And, I believe, it actually does become a package. Just a ticketless package. Which means it would have to be rebooked as such and would have all the rules of a package.

Yes, I know it becomes a package when there is anything beside the room only but the question was whether or not it could be done with the seasonal pass and no ticket purchase like a regular AP. that was what I was unsure of.

Yes they said its still an AP so I can get the meal plan with the room as a package no tickets needed :)

Seasonal pass holders ARE ap holders, they get the same perks, except free parking, and some blocked out dates. I know, because I'm one. To the OP i never had any issues with the DDP, but I always make sure to book it all together, making it a package. I don't know about booking a room and then adding the DDP, maybe you have to rebook?? :confused3

You can't just add the DDP you will have to cancel the Room only and then rebook as a package. If I were you I would call back and double check why it is the CM is saying you can't book a ticketless package yet.

Maybe it's because there are no AP room rates released yet for January? (I'm waiting impatiently for them! :) )
So I'd think it is either booked with a rack rate or with a general discount. Either way you can't add the dining plan w/out tickets with those.

Maybe it's because there are no AP room rates released yet for January? (I'm waiting impatiently for them! :) )
So I'd think it is either booked with a rack rate or with a general discount. Either way you can't add the dining plan w/out tickets with those.

To get AP dining without ticket purchases, do you have to get the AP discount-can't book at rack? I know you can't add with the GP discount, but why not rack? I wouldn't do so but that's what you're saying. TIW is another consideration if you can't get the DP added.

As already mentioned, it would not be just adding a dining plan to a room only.
You will need to book an AP ticketless dine package.
Maybe they are not available yet for January. :confused3 However I would think so. But could be they are not.
Ask about the WDTC AP ticketless packages when you call in.

To get AP dining without ticket purchases, do you have to get the AP discount-can't book at rack? I know you can't add with the GP discount, but why not rack? I wouldn't do so but that's what you're saying. TIW is another consideration if you can't get the DP added.

Not sure if you can book at rack rate and still get the "AP package". My guess would be no, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Not sure if you can book at rack rate and still get the "AP package". My guess would be no, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

You definitely can.

In fact, the only rates with which a passholder plus dine package can be booked are rack rate or AP discount.

Any other discount (PIN, bounceback, general public) etc MUST include a ticket purchase in order to buy the DDP. (excluding the recent military discounts)

Your correct. They told me when I'm ready to add the DDP they will cancel the room and then rebook as a package. They told me to book the room now incase they were sold out if I waited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter