• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question to serious photographers who been to DL.

Tami and Bryan

Earning My Ears
Lens recommendations?
Also, will 100-300mm zoom be over kill there?

Will there be a problems with a mid-sized back pack (for camera gear)?
How about getting on rides with mid sized back pack?

when i take my canon rebel, i usually take my 75-300 lens for a day or two of the trip. we carry the camera and some other items in a medium backpack. i have never had an issue taking it on any of the rides.

i use the zoom lens to take pics of my kiddos on the rides. i'm not sure what you will be wanting pictures for, but i don't find even then i need the big lens every day of the trip.

our trip in a couple of days will be the first i am NOT taking my rebel. i bought a new elph and along with my canon s3, i am hoping i can get away with a really LIGHT backpack this time around!

I have always brought my 24-70 and 70-200 and never have I even pulled out the 70-200. I say stick with your wide angle and you'll be happy with the shots.

I brought it, and used it occasionally, but most shots I just kept the lens wide open at f/2.8 and bumped up the ISO. I have no issue shooting at 1600 ISO if needed, as I use a great noise reduction program. (Noiseware)

I take two cameras, one for snaps and one for more control. I use my 75-300 for most everything I shoot, with an occasional wide shot than I pick a day and only use it. I have gotten away from being too serious (when I do get serious I use a 503cw)with Disney park pics becuase there is only so much you can do with them other than post or use them for myself indulgence. If you understand ISO, do not be afraid to use it. Most folks never print greater than 5 x 7 at best and using Noiseware will take care of most the issues. My 2 cents.

Jack

I take two cameras, one for snaps and one for more control. I use my 75-300 for most everything I shoot, with an occasional wide shot than I pick a day and only use it. I have gotten away from being too serious (when I do get serious I use a 503cw)with Disney park pics becuase there is only so much you can do with them other than post or use them for myself indulgence. If you understand ISO, do not be afraid to use it. Most folks never print greater than 5 x 7 at best and using Noiseware will take care of most the issues. My 2 cents.

Jack

What he said. :)

I am not sure what the apeture on your 100-300 lens is, but if it doesn't open quite wide, I would see very little use for it at DL. As with Deleated, I take a 24-70 and a 70-200, usually the only thing I actually take into the parks is the 24-70. My suggestion is pick an evening where you want to take night shots, and then carry your kit, including tripod, and get your photos. Other than that your probably just fine with just your body and your walk around lens.

As for the question about the backpack. I have a mini trekker, which is not really mini and have carried it many times with no problem.

I love photography & have even taken a class on it before at our local state park. But not the best at it by no means.

I have a Canon Pro 1. I can use it Auto mode, or set everthing individually. I try to play around w/settings, but don't always remember what I have learned & most of the manual doesn't make complete sense to me.

Last year when we went to WDW, my night shots of the Electric Light Parade & some of the fireworks were terrible(a few turned out - comlete luck). The lights would just blur. Is that a norm, or do you have any tips on settings?

Also, what special settings should I use for my daughter on rides?

And what about in the dark on rides?

Any tips would be helpful - I really haven't found a site to give the basics & I really don't want to spend another $100 on a 1day class.

For parades you want to have the apeture open as wide as you can get, and raise the ISO till you have a sutter speed that will stop the action.

Get yourself a copy of Understanding Exposure, it is well writen and easy to understand to learn how different changes will effect the way your camera captures a photo.

For parades you want to have the apeture open as wide as you can get, and raise the ISO till you have a sutter speed that will stop the action.

Get yourself a copy of Understanding Exposure, it is well writen and easy to understand to learn how different changes will effect the way your camera captures a photo.

You can also change the angle of incidence when you make the exposure but using a lower shuuter speed and a lower ISO. Depending on the sensor size within your camera and the processor that is used, many variables can be manipulated. Some mid range, non DSLR cams take great pics.
Understanding exposure is crucial to making decisions, sometimes you just need to be very familiar with what you are using and do alot of chimping until you can get used to what the picture looks like. Again, 2 cents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter