Question - Star Wars Weekend

solanna3

Earning My Ears
Visiting WDW in only 14 days (Memorial Day weekend)!... When will the crowds are usually more manageable for Star Wars Weekend: Friday, Saturday or Sunday? I know my Star Wars fan (DS6) is going to have a blast, but I just shiver at the thought of high crowd levels…Thanks!

WE WILL BE THERE TOO, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ALSO. WE HAVE NEVER DONE THE STARWARS WEEKEND BEFORE.SO ANY LITTLE HINT, I WOULD BE GREATFUL:surfweb:

We are going the last weekend of SWW. We are going Friday hoping that the crowds will be less because some schools may still be in session. I would think that would be the same case the weekend you are going as well. Also, you could go Friday and if you cannot see everything-just go back again Sat or Sun. :thumbsup2

Pretty much everyone is out of school by June 10th. The crowds will be half what they are in July but 2x as crowded as off season. You shouldn't have any trouble doing everything you want with a good touring plan. Just be at HS an hour before opening during SWW. If you don't care about SWW it's best to avoid the park as it will be a level 9/10 everyday during the event.

I had originally had our ADR's planned for Friday for SWW as we will be there at the same time. However, I did some research (I don't remember where I saw this b/c I looked at a lot of sites), and on one site that seemed pretty full of information, it said Saturday was the best day to go unless it is an EMH day. I changed my ADR's to Saturday. Here's to hoping the guy was right! I don't really think it's going to matter anyway, because no matter what, it's going to be crazy.

I was wondering that too. Plus, what is there to do for the Star Wars Weekend? We actually visited during that time once before. The only thing I remember is the kids participating in a dark side match on a stage with Darth Vader and some storm troopers.

We are at WDW for SWW right now. We've had a blast, but it's been very hot. My biggest advice is to make reservations for lunch just after the motorcade so that you can cool off in the AC. Another option if you're there two days is to do rides during the motorcade. The crowds were not too bad in the rest of HS, and almost everything is centered around the new Star Tours ride. The new ride is fabulous, so it's worth the wait. We found that Saturday this week was the least crowded day, but the opening was on Friday, so it's hard to say for later...

We found that breaking the day up with a water parks visit was perfect for us.

There is no day that is better as far as crowds go. I was there last year and will be there again this year. There is a lot to do lots of character meet and greets, the motorcade, shows like this year's all james arnold taylor show, ray parks return to the maul if he does it, the clone wars show. With star tours 2 there will be a lot of chaos with the new ride. Hyperspace hoopla in the evenings is a must!

Friday I would guess may be the least crowded but for autographs it will be crazy. These days are a 9/10 if you are not a Star Wars fan then I would avoid the park on these days if at all possible.

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter