Question regarding use year

skeeterfoot

Mouseketeer
For high attendance dates just want to know what use year to purchase to have the best chance 11 months out.
I go to WDW in December, August, and October. Tell me if I am wrong

August - should purchase use year October
October - should purchase use year December
December - should purchase use year February.

My schedule is quite tight so I do not have a great deal of flexiblity with dates, thus booking 11 months out. Thanks for your help.

For high attendance dates just want to know what use year to purchase to have the best chance 11 months out.
I go to WDW in December, August, and October. Tell me if I am wrong

August - should purchase use year October
October - should purchase use year December
December - should purchase use year February.

My schedule is quite tight so I do not have a great deal of flexiblity with dates, thus booking 11 months out. Thanks for your help.

Use year has nothing to do with booking.

August - should purchase a June, July, August UY
October - Should purchase a August, Sept., Oct. UY
December - should purchase a OCT, Nov, Dec UY

An Aug UY would be your best bet, If you travel in those 3 months.

You can always book 11 months out. Everything is based on points at time of travel and not when you book. You just have to have points that will be valid for the trip.

I am an August traveler and have June UY. I call every September to book and they simply use the points that will be valid. For example,I called. In September of 2012 for my August 2013 trip. Since that trip falls in my 2013 UY, they were able to use the banked 2012 points I had, my 2013 points, and then borrowed a few points from 2014 to finish it up

Having a UY right before typical travel allows a bit more flexibility if you have to change or cancel a trip. If I had to cancel or change that August trip, I'd have until May 31st of 2014 to use up those banked and borrowed points and would also be to bank the 2013 points since I'd sill be in my banking window--providing I canceled at least 31 days out--less than that and you get holding points which is a whole different set of rules.

So, as mentioned, give your travel times, August is ideal but April and June would work well too. No UY will work for all travel times and things change but if you know there are times you will be going for a while, the choosing a UY that works can be helpful.

Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!