Question Regarding Osborne Lights

aliciadisfan

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I'm trying to figure this out. I'm reading that people 'line up' to see the Osborne lights and 'wait for it to start', then I'm reading that others wait until after the park closes to experience it with less of a crowd. My question is, is this a 'come and go attraction' that can be seen any time after dark, or is this an attraction like fireworks where you need to be there at a specific time? I'm trying to make dining reservations, but the entire point of being there in the evening is Osborne Lights, so I don't want to miss something while eating. TIA.

You can totally come and go anytime you like. There are people who hang around and wait for them to turn them on at dusk, but by no means are you missing anything if you wait. In fact, it's better to wait til it thins out later in the evening.

You're very welcome! The Osborne Lights are always one of the highlights of our trip. We did hang around to see them turn on the lights the first night in 2013 and it was crazy. Wall-to-wall people. It was still awesome to see, but so much more enjoyable later in the evening. :)

I have read in other threads that you can go see the lights after Fantasmic- even if the park is closed. Is this true? Do the CMs rush you through the lights? Or can you meander and take it all in?

I have read in other threads that you can go see the lights after Fantasmic- even if the park is closed.

1. Is this true?
2. Do the CMs rush you through the lights?
3. Or can you meander and take it all in?

1. Very often.
2. It's not really a "through" kind of attraction.
The lights are positioned all around you, and the streets go off in various directions.
3. Within reason, yes.

In previous years you could visit the lights for up to an hour after the park closed. Then they turn the lights off so it's time to go.

On my last December trip (2013) we got in line for TSMM a little bit before closing. After riding we went over to the lights. It was definitely after park closing time. It was nice and quiet over there, and no one was "shooing" us towards the exits.

You can totally come and go anytime you like. There are people who hang around and wait for them to turn them on at dusk, but by no means are you missing anything if you wait. In fact, it's better to wait til it thins out later in the evening.

I totally agree. We were there a few years ago and just happened to be around the area about a half hour before the "start" of the show. All we wanted to do was walk through the Streets of America and get to the Studio Catering Company for a beer and a seat. We really weren't that interested in the Lights. All the walkways back there had people sitting along the curbs or standing right in "front" of the Lights. We zig zagged our way through, got the Studio Catering Company and encountered a ton of people also waiting around there. Right before the Lights "opened", all those people moved to the "front". My husband and I kind of chuckled because we were nice and content with our beers and our seats. We knew when the Lights were lit because we could hear a huge "aahhhhhhhh". We were done with the beers so we left, thinking we could now easily walk through the Lights. Nope - know how long it takes a crowd like that to start walking? So, we left and didn't see the Lights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter