Question Regarding Canceling ADR w/CC Hold

LoriZH

<font color=CC66CC>The GooGoo Dolls rock!!!!<br><f
Hi, we are having a late dinner at California Grill at 9:40 PM and needed to put down a credit card to old the reservation. I am wondering what happens if the kids are too tired to go that late and opt for maybe room service (we are staying at CR) and just my DH and I go, will we still have to pay for the children?

Thanks

This is tricky.. I would call dining and ask them for the real word, but I would think that if you and your husband are still going, just not with the children, what would be the issue... Did you have to put a dollar amount for the children or was it just a flat amt to hold the reservation? I definitely would call dining and get the official word.

It is my understanding that they will charge per person who is a no show. So, if you setup a reservation for 4 and only 2 show up, you would be charged for 2 no shows. But that's not the official word - if you talk to the CA Grill directly, let us know what they say. I think it would make them look bad if they charged you for 2 no shows, when 2 did show, but I can see their dilemma - it's tough to get a reservation at CA Grill and if people make reservations and then don't go (or all of them don't go) and they don't get enough walk-ups to fill in for the no shows......
But then, would they charge you if you showed up with sleeping kids - who end up not eating???????? Now, THAT would be ruthless of the CA Grill...

Hi, we are having a late dinner at California Grill at 9:40 PM and needed to put down a credit card to old the reservation. I am wondering what happens if the kids are too tired to go that late and opt for maybe room service (we are staying at CR) and just my DH and I go, will we still have to pay for the children?

Thanks

I don't know the answer to that question, I would call and see. I do think that 9:40 is very late for kids. After a full day at the parks, even my 14 year old wouldn't be up for eating that late.

Thanks, I'm going to do that tomorrow and I will post the answer. They never told me how much they charge per person, so I'll ask that too. I just made the reservation and gave the CC # to hold it, just came to me what would happen if the kids fell asleep in the room while we were waiting to go to dinner or couldn't hold out to eat that late.

It is my understanding that they will charge per person who is a no show. So, if you setup a reservation for 4 and only 2 show up, you would be charged for 2 no shows.

That is my understanding too.

I think it's $20 per person for no show.

Let us know what the official word is.

If they fall asleep or are too tired at the last minute how will you still be able to go? Are they old enough to leave alone in the room sleeping? Would you be able to get a in room sitter at the very last minute?
Just trying to figure out the logistics that would allow you to still go at all.

If they fall asleep or are too tired at the last minute how will you still be able to go? Are they old enough to leave alone in the room sleeping? Would you be able to get a in room sitter at the very last minute?
Just trying to figure out the logistics that would allow you to still go at all.

Good point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter