Question regarded Earl of Sandwhich

lilandvisma

DIS Veteran
Never been and wondering if we pick up a few of them on our way back from DTD would they be OK to take back to the resort to have for dinner later? We are trying to avoid crowds on Superbowl Sunday and would like to leave DTD early afternoon! Our plan was to eat at Pucks Express for lunch and then go get the sandwhiches to have for dinner later, opinions?? Thanks :)

(sorry about the title, I type TOO fast...supposed to be "regarding"!! )

1) The sandwiches at Earl are wrapped.
2) So, you could easily take to the room.

Never been and wondering if we pick up a few of them on our way back from DTD would they be OK to take back to the resort to have for dinner later? We are trying to avoid crowds on Superbowl Sunday and would like to leave DTD early afternoon! Our plan was to eat at Pucks Express for lunch and then go get the sandwhiches to have for dinner later, opinions?? Thanks :)
Earls is very good and lot's of choices if you have a fridge to keep cold or micro to warm them up (or could use food courts on microwave) good choice for evening meal as earls has chips and desserts also to take back to room if want to

Yes they will keep fine - I love their sandwiches - but the lines are always so long and slow that we stopped eating there.

1) The sandwiches at Earl are wrapped.
2) So, you could easily take to the room.

Earls is very good and lot's of choices if you have a fridge to keep cold or micro to warm them up (or could use food courts on microwave) good choice for evening meal as earls has chips and desserts also to take back to room if want to

Very GOOD! Thanks guys! Now I just hope my plan works ;)

Yes they will keep fine - I love their sandwiches - but the lines are always so long and slow that we stopped eating there.

I've always noticed that if I'm in a long line at Earl of Sandwich, it moves fairly quickly. I don't recall ever waiting longer than 5-10 minutes in line.

To the OP of the thread:
The sandwiches are definitely portable. But they are heated, so I don't know if they will become soggy when you don't eat them right away.

The sandwiches are definitely portable. But they are heated, so I don't know if they will become soggy when you don't eat them right away.

We've actually asked them once to put the sandwiches together and not heat them through before they were wrapped so we could specifically take them with us and reheat them later on that night in the food court's microwave. We unwrapped them, rewrapped them in some paper napkins and heated them as to no make the bread soggy/hard and they came out great!

I've brought them back to our room at POFQ in the afternoon then used them that night while waiting for Fantasmic to start. We had a great little picnic and we didn't have to eat horrible Studios food!

I've always noticed that if I'm in a long line at Earl of Sandwich, it moves fairly quickly. I don't recall ever waiting longer than 5-10 minutes in line.

This is true. They also usually have a CM managing the line to keep it flowing quickly. The only thing that MAY cause a hold up is people at the cashier who then decide to start looking at what they might like for dessert ..... :rolleyes1 Aside from that I have learnt to ignore the length of the line.

You can ask for them cold. They also do great salads and have wraps on the menu as well

In the past we have taken out Earl of Sandwich back to the Contemporary and we would re-heat them in the microwave at the Contempo Cafe.

We brought some all the way back to Ohio, and ate them the next day. Of course they were in the cooler and then the fridge, but it was yummy for lunch the day after we got back.

DH and I picked up sandwiches from the EoS and ate them 2-3 hours later at MCO. They were still warm. Actually, I only ate half of mine at MCO. I ate the rest while we were waiting in LaGuardia. Probably wasn't the smartest 'food safety' move but it still tasted good (and I did not get sick.)

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

THANKS everyone! Looking at some of the reviews they look sooooo YUMMY! We ended up stuffing ourselves last year at WPE before getting to EOS even though I really wanted to try it so I'm really looking forward to eating this in Feb :)

We got a couple last year on the way to MCO and ordered them cold. The server seemed surprised I didn't want them heated but I told him we would be taking them on a plane. We probably waited around 5 min. The sandwiches were good and since we are on the QSDP we will probably be eating there a few times during our trip. (as well as WPE)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter