Question re: Upgrading child to adult DP

SarahMynah

Earning My Ears
Using Free dining for the first time this fall so could use some expert advice. My youngest child is 9 and wants to eat from the adult menu so I called today and changed her park ticket from a child to adult ticket ($21.30 to make the change) so she will get the adult dining plan. When I look at our reservations and ticket on My Disney Experience, it shows that she has a 10 yrs + park hopper ticket but our MYW resort package reservation still shows that we have free dining for adults and children. She also still shows up as 9 yrs old on the room reservation. Do I need to call and change her to a 10 yr old for the room reservation as well in order to make sure she is given the adult dining plan, or will it happen automatically because her park ticket is for the adult price? I'm hoping to have it all ironed out before we get there.

Using Free dining for the first time this fall so could use some expert advice. My youngest child is 9 and wants to eat from the adult menu so I called today and changed her park ticket from a child to adult ticket ($21.30 to make the change) so she will get the adult dining plan. When I look at our reservations and ticket on My Disney Experience, it shows that she has a 10 yrs + park hopper ticket but our MYW resort package reservation still shows that we have free dining for adults and children. She also still shows up as 9 yrs old on the room reservation. Do I need to call and change her to a 10 yr old for the room reservation as well in order to make sure she is given the adult dining plan, or will it happen automatically because her park ticket is for the adult price? I'm hoping to have it all ironed out before we get there.

We've done this before. Just call and make sure your daughter is registered as a 10 year old on your reservation. This would normally bump your package price up by the difference between the child and adult park ticket - but you say you've already done that. Just confirm with Disney reservations that you want her age changed to 10- which will then give her adult dining credits. She will still be listed as a child on your room reservation but by listing her age as 10 she will have an adult park ticket and an adult dining plan. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter