question re: tipping

first trip

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I was just looking at another forum for WDW in Florida and the were talking about tipping the "Mousekeeping" (housekeeping) everyday. Is it customary to tip the room maids in DLP? We are staying in the Santa Fe.
thanks

We always leave a few euros each day, rooms are always lovely and clean etc so feel they deserve it!
I was a chamber maid when i was a student so know how hard they work for not great pay so would always recomend it if you're happy with the job they do :thumbsup2

We always leave a few euros each day, rooms are always lovely and clean etc so feel they deserve it!
I was a chamber maid when i was a student so know how hard they work for not great pay so would always recomend it if you're happy with the job they do :thumbsup2

Snap!! :)

oh my god

i didn't even think of this!!!

now i feel really bad!

I thought ifyou left change about they wouldn't take it maybe? do you have to put a little sign next to it?

i've never done that before but i've only really been away 2 or 3 times since I was younger but ohhhhhhh >.< i must do this next time!

oh my god

i didn't even think of this!!!

now i feel really bad!

I thought ifyou left change about they wouldn't take it maybe? do you have to put a little sign next to it?

i've never done that before but i've only really been away 2 or 3 times since I was younger but ohhhhhhh >.< i must do this next time!

I leave a little post it (yes, i'm a freak that takes them EVERYWHERE!), i just write 'for mousekeeping, thank you'. :goodvibes

I found a DIY printable Mousekeeping Money envelopes on another forum (don't know if I'm allowed to name it on here :rotfl:)
they look great and hopefully the maids will know it's for them (do they call it mousekeeping in DLP???)

I've seen those envelopes, too - they're really cute.

How much would you say is an appropriate tip?
For Mousekeeping?
For the Concierge who brings your bags up to the room?
For waitpersons at restaurants?

I'm from Singapore, where tipping isn't the done thing, so any info would really help. Don't want to give too little and end up insulting the recipient!

For Mousekeeping?5 euros
For the Concierge who brings your bags up to the room?5 euros
For waitpersons at restaurants? 10 euros.

I'm from Singapore, where tipping isn't the done thing, so any info would really help. Don't want to give too little and end up insulting the recipient!

This is just us thoug, don;t know if we're giving too little or not :goodvibes

For Mousekeeping?
For the Concierge who brings your bags up to the room?
For waitpersons at restaurants?

Mousekeeping - 1 euro per person in the room
Councierge - 1 euro per suitcase
Waiters - 10-15% in France, in America more like 20%, less though for buffets.

This is what I've always gone by. :)

For those who didn't tip : don't feel bad. I never tiped the housekeeping, as it's not usual in France.

For waiters 10-15% is really too much, as in France the service is included in the price of the meal. It's very important to tip the waiters in the US, as it is a part of their salary, but in France it's only a "bonus".
As a couple, if the waiter is good, we usually leave 2€.
:)

if you do leave money for the mousekeeping or whatever they are called make sure its labelled and even at that you might find they dont take it as its really not the norm.

i dont tip in dlp restaurants as the price is so high in the first place. if i felt i got service above and beyond i would

For those who didn't tip : don't feel bad. I never tiped the housekeeping, as it's not usual in France.

For waiters 10-15% is really too much, as in France the service is included in the price of the meal. It's very important to tip the waiters in the US, as it is a part of their salary, but in France it's only a "bonus".
As a couple, if the waiter is good, we usually leave 2€.
:)

I agree with this - tipping in the US is the norm for just about everything to do with the tourist service industry. Its not expected in France, I don't tip housekeeping, wouldn't tip for staff taking bags to the room if thats a standard service the hotel provides etc.
I do tip in restaurants though if the meal and service have been good, and would usually leave around 10% of the bill (I do that here in the UK too).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter