Question re: Shipping Souvenirs

Simba22

DIS Veteran
When we went to WDW in December, we utilized the "ship it home" option a few times. The only problem is that it cost's nearly $10 per shipment. My question is, can we purchase items at multiple stores throughout the day and then give everything to the CM at the last store we visit and ship everything all at once? Or even better, can we have everything sent to the hotel and then have them ship everything home for us? That way we only have to pay the $10 s & h fee maybe once or twice for the whole week? Hopefully this makes sense...lol :rotfl:

the shipping fee you pay at the shops is actually based on the cost of the items. i'm not sure if you can combine purchases like that. i'd be willing to guess that if you had all the receipts, they'd agree to it.

or yes, you can have the resort ship things for you. you can purchase supplies and pay the shipping fee. or what some people do is set up a UPS or Fedex account prior to going and print out a label or two at home and ship that way, so you're only paying what the carrier charges. and some ship items like food and whatnot down ahead of time so they have that box to use to send back home.

You probably could give all of it to the CM at the end of the day - never tried that. We usually just have it sent to our resort, then if it doesn't fit in our luggage (and we usually bring an extra bag or leave lots of room), you can visit the concierge or business center at your resort and have it packed and shipped UPS/FedEx/USPS or whatever.

thanks for the help guys! What we did the past couple of times was bring an extra empty bag with us to send our stuff home on the plane but we were really tight on space this past trip. Maybe I'll pack what I can in a bag and ship the rest. Thanks again!

You can do all of those things.

The easiest for you is to have all of your purchase delivered to the resort, then when you are about to leave (leaving enough time to finish what could be a long transaction) go to the resort merchandise location. All of the items can be shipped together. The price of shipping is based on the price of the items purchased. It most likely won't change how much you end up paying in shipping fees.

You can also ship them home yourself, or through the concierge/front desk, or through a business center if your resort has one.

And if you're already planning on spending the money on shipping, you can instead buy luggage when you're down there...and its an additional souvenir!

Although I do put some of the souvies in my luggage, I don't feel real comfortable shipping home that way for a couple of reasons.

1. Luggage is not handled very carefully and breakage can and will happen

2. You can not lock your luggage anymore, and theft does happen at the airports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter