Question re. refillable mugs

Nina1

Disney Lover
Mods...I apologize if this is in the wrong place. Please move as necessary. Thanks.

Those of you who purchase refillable mugs...how do you clean them? Do you just wash them back at your hotel every night? If so, do they come clean? Every year, I want to buy one, but I think it will be gross after 9 days of use, escpecially the lid area. Thanks for your help.

not answering the question...but........god love ya........thats a new one...............:rotfl2:

Mods...I apologize if this is in the wrong place. Please move as necessary. Thanks.

Those of you who purchase refillable mugs...how do you clean them? Do you just wash them back at your hotel every night? If so, do they come clean? Every year, I want to buy one, but I think it will be gross after 9 days of use, escpecially the lid area. Thanks for your help.

They have sinks near the drink dispensers in the resort quick service restaurants that can be used for cleaning the mugs.
(You can only refill them there, anyway.)

Hi we are going to be newbies in may but im going to take a travel sized thing of soap to wash the cups and cereal bowls out in the motel room

We wash them at food court if we need refill while out of the room and we wash it in the evening in the room. I will not lie, if you use orange soda the color will be present for a while but it is pretty much clean. Use hot water, clean after each use and you can make it.

We always bring something to wash with in the room. I probably wouldn't bother just for the mugs, but we always have sippy cups, bottles, etc to wash. In the past, I've found disposable cloths that have the soap in them, which I think would be good if you were flying so you wouldn't have to worry about leaking dish soap in your suitcase.

Before you leave, take a sponge or two, cut them into quarters or smaller. Saturate them with dishsoap, and put in a ziploc bag. When you are in the room, you have easy way to clean the mugs, and then you can just throw that piece of sponge away! :thumbsup2

Another thing I do to clean my Disney mugs, both at the resort and at home, is to pop out the lid section that swivels over the top to cover the spout. I find that a lot of beverage gets stuck between the lids and in the "track." It's just gross.

Take the lid, turn it upside down, press the middle circle and the cover pops out. After washing or rinsing, just align the guides and pop it back in, pressing from the top of the lid. Once you've popped out the cover a few times, it's much easier to do. It doesn't seem to hurt the lids either-- I've used some of my mugs for 4+ years and all of the lids function just fine.

I love the Disney mugs for this reason alone, as I find it's difficult to thoroughly clean most travel mug lids.

Good question... at the refill stations, they have mug washing stations, but really they are only mug "rinsing" stations...

They don't provide soap.

I am contemplating bringing a small bottle of dish soap to wash it back in the room. They can become sticky, and unsanitary after a few days of just rinsing.

We just rinse them before refilling and haven't had a problem yet.

We just wash them in the hotel room... works for us.

:tink::tink:

We just rinse them before refilling and haven't had a problem yet.

We used ours for 8 days using only the rinsing station with hot water. They never got sticky and never got discolored. I guess I don't see how anyone is having this sticky problem if they are rinsing them after every used.

I get one of the cheap little plastic containers (.99 store) that are "airline approved" size..fill it with dish soap from home,tape the lid closed, and place it in a ziploc and put in the checked luggage. And i also bought a small sponge from the .99 store to use, and just toss when the trip was over! Although a washcloth from the resort would work just as well. After 8 days, a mug that i used for coffee would be gross without washing it!

I get one of the cheap little plastic containers (.99 store) that are "airline approved" size..fill it with dish soap from home,tape the lid closed, and place it in a ziploc and put in the checked luggage. And i also bought a small sponge from the .99 store to use, and just toss when the trip was over! Although a washcloth from the resort would work just as well. After 8 days, a mug that i used for coffee would be gross without washing it!
Ah, well coffee is an entirely different beast.:rotfl: I don't touch that stuff.

You'll be glad to know that the new mugs have a black liner inside, so you don't have to worry about staining.

When I haven't had time to wash them, I rinse them with the hot water at the drink station. I also bring dish soap from home and use the wash cloths from the hotel.

I love those refillable mugs!

Thanks, everyone. I always bring dish soap just in case we need it. I bring disposable cups for our son to use, so I've never actually washed out our cups at WDW. But, as a coffee with cream drinker, and sometimes several times a day, I had some concerns about the mugs. I wasn't aware of the rinsing stations. Between these and my own soap, no worries. Never having used the mugs before, I just wasn't sure if hand washing would do it or if they'd require a dishwasher. Anyway, thanks for your help.

If you rinse them after each use they should be fine, then dishwasher them at home.
Does anyone have a picture of the 2010 mugs???

They have sinks near the drink dispensers in the resort quick service restaurants that can be used for cleaning the mugs.
(You can only refill them there, anyway.)

I was told the resort mugs aren't allowed in the parks???? WOUld love a definitive answer on this for sure.

The mugs are allowed in the parks I think, it's just that you can't refill them there, they are only to be refilled at your home resort for the length of your current trip.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, because we plan to bring our mugs with our coffee in the mornings with us to drink while waiting at rope drops.

Less then a week!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter