Question re: a '3' day

OurLaughingPlace

DIS Veteran
We generally go middle to late August and have experienced predicted crowd levels of 5 and 6. We've also been at Christmas/New Years with crowds levels of 10.
This year, with a later Labor Day, we are able to stay into September 1st and 2nd before having to return home for school. For those who have gone during a lower crowd time, when do you suggest using your FP+? We will be in the Magic Kingdom (a 'recommended' day) from 9am-1pm- BREAK- 6-10pm. Are there significant differences in the night time crowd levels? Use 3 FP+ from 9-1 or 6-10? Just want to get as many rides as possible on our last couple of days and trying to plan accordingly. We have teen DD's and will use the FP+ for the Mountains, but will also try to ride them stand by. Will stand by times be similar on a '3' day (whether it's am or pm)? Are we likely to get decent FP+ for a fourth / fifth ride if we use our 3 fastpasses from 9-1? How do you plan on a '3' day?
TIA :wave:

Honestly... on a 3 day we never use the FPs we make lol. Usually we get enough rides done in the morning to not need it. But definitely don't use your fast passes in the morning. You won't need them. I think people who go on a 5-6 day and a people who go on a 3 day will have about the same chance at 4th ones, because they have less cars out, and issue them less. Don't quote me on that, but do go check out mesaboy's thread on this issue. He should be along presently to direct you to it...

I'd use them the way you'd use them regardless of the crowd level -- book those things that are most important and manage from there.

The problem is that if something is posted as a 3 these days, it encourages people to go on more of a whim, so what looks like a 3 now could turn into a 5. That happened to us last year. The other thing is that a 3 this year is larger than a 3 last year, as attendance keeps increasing. So get the things that are important to you, and hopefully the rest of the crowds will be easier to get the 4th and 5th, but at least you won't miss out on the key things.

I would still use FP+! _I_ would get them starting 12 noon - 1pm when crowds thicken.

Also, I REALLY question the '3' Day. I've been going to WDW 3-6x/year for 10 years and honestly, I haven't seen anything below a 4-5 for at least 4 years.

Also, I REALLY question the '3' Day. I've been going to WDW 3-6x/year for 10 years and honestly, I haven't seen anything below a 4-5 for at least 4 years.

The reason is that it's proportional to the overall crowds. If you believe the numbers, WDW is up 40 percent in the last 10 years. The other thing is that easyWDW and touringplans are pretty well known now if you do a little research, so if you're planning and have some freedom (or are willing, like me, to take the kids out of school) then those 3 days become a lot more appealing.

And, just to say it for the millionth time, there are 30,000 hotel rooms at WDW. They work at about 90 percent occupancy all the time. That means about 90,000 resort guests onsite ALL THE TIME. The MK get roughly 40 percent of the daily traffic to WDW, so that means about 36,000 MK guests from the MK ALL THE TIME. In 2004, the average daily attendance was abut 38,000, so these days, the assumed minimum at the parks used to be the average.

In other words, A&E is going to have a line, period. 7DMT is going to have a line, period. You might be get lucky, but the odds are that the headliners will all have 30+ minute waits at peak times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter