Question on timing

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by venom75, Oct 1, 2013.

1. venom75

venom75 Earning My Ears

I just sent the money in for our DVC resale that we bought. How long does it usually take until I would receive everything in the mail?

Also, do they send instructions on how to log in and make reservations? I am all new to this and overly excited on booking our first vacation through dvc.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. LorieDisneyLover

LorieDisneyLover DIS Veteran

We are first time buyers via resale, also.

From what I understand it takes a while.

Our money was wired on 9/9 ... deed recorded on 9/19th ... we're still waiting for our information from Disney.

I'm hoping it will be sometime next week based on timelines from others on this forum.

4. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

75 days on average and instructions aren't supplied. You can contact MS for help. Until then, read as much as you can here on the DIS.

:earsboy: Bill

5. puppytrainer

puppytrainer Mouseketeer

Mine took 73 days from the day I made my offer until the day I was able to make a reservation. 11 days after I sent in my paperwork and money the contract closed (3 days before the closing date stated on the paperwork). 19 days later (this past Sat) I got my letter with membership number. I called MS and they gave me my club ID and activation code which are the 2 pieces if info you need to set up your account on-line. The website walks you though how to set up your account or you can call MS to help. My points were in there and I was able to make my reservation that day. Like OP said, there are no instructions on how to make the reservation and whatnot, but if you look around the website after you log in it's pretty easy to figure out. Good luck!!

6. timandjanl

timandjanl Mouseketeer

Very helpful info. Thank you!