Question on Signature Restaurant Dining Plan

Brumeiser

Total Disney Nut
When you choose one of these restaurant's and it is not a buffet can you order just one meal for two people and share it? Why I ask is according to the Dining Plan Guidlines it says "Your server will redeem two Table meals for each person dining at a Signature Restaurant". So the way it looks my wife and I both would have to order a meal and use up 4 table service Restaurants and be stuck with ordering so much food. :earseek: :earseek:

Some of the signature restaurants go for quality more than quantity. For example California Grill. The food is exceptional but its really not alot of food to be sharing. I have no idea what the official rules on this are though.

Putting a Bump on this plus I may have to change our whole schedule around if we are not allowed to share meals at the Table Service. In fact we are discussing maybe my wife and son and mom go in and order and eat, and at the very end my Dad and I may just pop up when they go pay and finish up the food. :rotfl2: If Disney wants to make this hard for everyone there must be a way to get around it. We are not heavy eaters and to spend 2 table credits for each meal is not the way we want to approach this. With all the walking around you do all day it is not good to have such a full stomach. I just had to vent a little.

Brumeiser said:
Putting a Bump on this plus I may have to change our whole schedule around if we are not allowed to share meals at the Table Service. In fact we are discussing maybe my wife and son and mom go in and order and eat, and at the very end my Dad and I may just pop up when they go pay and finish up the food. :rotfl2: If Disney wants to make this hard for everyone there must be a way to get around it. We are not heavy eaters and to spend 2 table credits for each meal is not the way we want to approach this. With all the walking around you do all day it is not good to have such a full stomach. I just had to vent a little.

I don't think Disney is making it difficult expecting each person to use their credits at a meal. Perhaps if you're not heavy eaters and like to share your meals the free dining package is not for you.

My beef Beachangel that if they have one policy in place they need to stick to it. Now all of a sudden since they added this free dining that hey we may have goofed. They have lowered the buffet age now from 11 to 9. NOw they are talking about not allowing us to share meals. I mean common enough is enough if you offer this plan you should stick to the orignial rules and not add all these exceptions. :confused3 Disney was trying to draw more of a crowd in during Hurricane season and many have obliged in taking that risk and all they are doing is upsetting many people with these exceptions.

I haven't seen any reference to Disney not allowing guests to share meals. Obviously you can't share at buffets or all you care to eat restaurants.

Several people have posted regarding Signature Dining and several people have commented that the portion size may not be large enough to share. One poster thought she should be allowed to order the Chateaubriand for two, priced for two, but only use 2 credits for one meal. She further wanted to know if she could get the lobster tail add on.

Many restaurants charge a sharing or plate fee. This covers the extra place service, water and bread and butter. It also contributes something toward the overhead of the restaurants. Some restaurants also include an extra salad or soup for the fee. Other restaurants feature a price fixed menu, sometimes a few different prices depending on what you order. All guests have to order. I don't think any Disney restaurants currently have such a policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter