Question on returning cruiser perks

gowhite

Earning My Ears
OK, I have read on these boards about the returning cruiser's gifts such as the DCL lanyard, pins and bag. Are there other perks to being a repeat cruiser? The reason I ask, is that I just got off my second cruise and received the above CC gifts. But I also received every night "evening treats" such as cheese and cracker plate, plate of petit fours, plate of cookies. There was something waiting every night. I don't remember reading about this perk.

Were you in a concierge cabin (cat 1-3)? If so that is probably why you got the treats. I haven't heard of it for CC members.

stampinshauna said:
Were you in a concierge cabin (cat 1-3)? If so that is probably why you got the treats. I haven't heard of it for CC members.

No, we were cat 5.

keishashadow said:
When is the cocktail reception held?

For us, it was on the 3rd night of the 4 night cruise. Just before dinner. It was really nice.

gowhite said:
OK, I have read on these boards about the returning cruiser's gifts such as the DCL lanyard, pins and bag. Are there other perks to being a repeat cruiser? The reason I ask, is that I just got off my second cruise and received the above CC gifts. But I also received every night "evening treats" such as cheese and cracker plate, plate of petit fours, plate of cookies. There was something waiting every night. I don't remember reading about this perk.

It sounds like you were selected to be one of the families of the cruise...or something like that. I have heard of it before but usually there is a letter noting this.

gowhite said:
For us, it was on the 3rd night of the 4 night cruise. Just before dinner. It was really nice.
thanks, is it offered before both the main & later dinner seating?

Assume this is an adult-only affair...my DS is the only kid in the universe who hated the kids clubs, perhaps he'll like the teen one better.

No note or letter either. It was strange, and I am concerned that I haven't properly thanked someone.

We were also awarded a Magical Memories award (or my daughter was) from our stateroom host. Ever heard of that? He was great, name was Paulton. My daughter took to him right away, and everytime he heard her in the hallway he'd call her name and she'd go running to him.

One side note...I wanted to rave about all he did to make our stay fantastic. They just don't give you much room on those comment cards!

keishashadow said:
thanks, is it offered before both the main & later dinner seating?

Assume this is an adult-only affair...my DS is the only kid in the universe who hated the kids clubs, perhaps he'll like the teen one better.

No, it was offered between 5 and 5:45 pm so it was before any 1st dinner seating. And I saw lots of people there with children. I brought mine, and they had nice frothy fruit drinks for the kids.

gowhite said:
No note or letter either. It was strange, and I am concerned that I haven't properly thanked someone.

We were also awarded a Magical Memories award (or my daughter was) from our stateroom host. Ever heard of that? He was great, name was Paulton. My daughter took to him right away, and everytime he heard her in the hallway he'd call her name and she'd go running to him.

One side note...I wanted to rave about all he did to make our stay fantastic. They just don't give you much room on those comment cards!

That award may have been linked to everything else? There have been other Magical families so hopefully one of them will see this post & confirm. :)

gowhite said:
No, it was offered between 5 and 5:45 pm so it was before any 1st dinner seating. And I saw lots of people there with children. I brought mine, and they had nice frothy fruit drinks for the kids.
Thanks, I'm not much of a drinker anymore (especially before dinner); think I'll enjoy the kiddie concoctions.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter