• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

question on reserving

EeyoreME

Mouseketeer
New to DVC and first time coming up of reserving our home resort at 11 months. Is the 11 month date ..... start with the date you check in ... or does it also have to count your check out date too?

It is 11 months prior to the checkin date And you can book up to 7 nights at once. If you have more than 7 nights then just book the first 7 and you can modify the reservation the Next day to add 8th night and so on.

11 month window is from date of check in. You may reserve up to 7 nights when the window opens.

For example, today at 8 am Eastern (6/28/20), you could reserve (online) 5/28/21 (check in) - 6/4 /21 (check out) at your home resort. You can call MS to do it for you at 9 am Eastern. Those are the earliest times you can make that reservation.

New to DVC and first time coming up of reserving our home resort at 11 months. Is the 11 month date ..... start with the date you check in ... or does it also have to count your check out date too?
And since you're new.....if you want to go at a popular time, going to the website at exactly 8 am to the minute might be necessary to get a studio at some resorts.

Thank you @Donna M . We are looking at going beginning of June next year but am also flexible... as long as it's not during the school year for our daughter. :). Thank you for the tips!

It is 11 months prior to the checkin date And you can book up to 7 nights at once. If you have more than 7 nights then just book the first 7 and you can modify the reservation the Next day to add 8th night and so on.
So it is easy to add night 8? I just log in again and click "modify reservation" and I can add the 8th night?
I guess in all my previous trips I booked after the 11 month mark but before the 7th. I was surprised this morning when I could only book 7 nights! You would think I would be used to this by now! It's the stress of skipping our June 2020 trip...want to get next June right. Of course I have no tickets right now, so no park ressies, but that's another thread.

So it is easy to add night 8? I just log in again and click "modify reservation" and I can add the 8th night?
I guess in all my previous trips I booked after the 11 month mark but before the 7th. I was surprised this morning when I could only book 7 nights! You would think I would be used to this by now! It's the stress of skipping our June 2020 trip...want to get next June right. Of course I have no tickets right now, so no park ressies, but that's another thread.
Yes, just go on tomorrow, modify, and add the 8th night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter