• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question on refillable mugs

afrazier

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

First, thanks for all of the great help and advice. We leave tomorrow morning. This should be my last question....I am trying to decide if the refillable mug is a good investment or not for $13 a piece. We are staying 5 nights at Pop Century. What all is available to put in the mugs, is there for example, milk and orange juice? My youngest son is a big milk drinker and has to have his milk...if I were to buy him a milk each morning what is my cost going to be versus having unlimited drinks, that is, if milk is a choice. Any input on these mugs is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Angie :earsgirl:

No, milk and juice are not included. Fountain drinks (any of the Coke products
available at the dispensers), coffee, tea, hot chocolate.

I never saw the Frozen Coke machines actually working properly, though.

I'd say that if you don't drink your money's worth of soda or the other
beverages I mentioned, don't get the mug.

I just got back from POP. There was apple juice available along with Coke products, brewed tea, hot chocolate, coffee, and the slushies. Every day I was there 9/2-9/8, the slushies were working. As for milk, we got a fridge and bought a half gallon of milk. This was cheaper than buying the individual bottles. If you are on the dining plan, you can get milk as your drink. If you don't have a fridge, keep the milk cold with ice in a cooler.

Have fun and tell Mickey Hi for me. :)

wow, I cant believe they raised the price to $13! I made my purchase of a mug about 7 years ago at the Carribean Beach Resort, when it cost $8. I used it everyday and if not for anything else it makes a great souvenier. The best thing is, I bring it back with me every time I go so it's always free beverages for me.
:wizard:

The mugs are $11.99 before tax. The current policy is that mugs are only good for the length of stay in which you purchased the mug.

How do they know when you purchased the mug though? I wonder why they changed th policy...I'm going in a couple weeks and plan on bringing mine with me anyway, but now I'm wondering if this will cause a problem.
:wizard: :pug:

You are new to the DIS. I suggest you do a search for refillable mugs here on the resorts board. This is a very hot issue. The mugs have this policy on them and there are signs in CBR stating this also.

I bought refillablt mugs at CSR a few years ago and the problem I had was what to do with them when you were done and wanted to hit the road? Walking back to the room to put it away was a hike and carrying it around with me wasn't going to work either.

However, I use mine all the time at home! I love my mugs, or my "sippy cups" as my DH calls them! They wash and wear well.

The don't usually "know" when you bring them back, and the policy is that they are lenght-of-stay only, but when I bought my new ones, a CM said I could bring them back (so there is confusion).

I say buy them if you have room to take them home and will use them at home. They are great souvenirs if nothing else.

D4D

Yeah, I'm w/you, I dont think it'll be a big deal if I bring my mug back. No harm in trying anyways. So what was ur solution for what to do w/the mug? I did find that to be a bit of a hassle as well, what to do with the mug. Theres no sense in bringing it to the parks cuz u cant get free drinks there. I usually bring a bag w/me though and put it in the lockers, if anything I guess I can just throw it in my bag. Thanks for the info!

I didn't say there wasn't a problem bringing the mug back. Don't sick the Mug Police on me! ;)

Personally, I don't really care - it's soda for crying out loud. I'll bet that more soda gets poured out then gets used in contraband mugs. I get peeved when people use mugs from from different resorts - then it's obvious abuse of the system. Uh oh, here come the Mug Police! :duck:

On my first trip, I just didn't use them as much as I hoped. On my second trip we brought disposable pre-soaped dish wipes (so they were clean at least) and tried to use them more - when we rode bikes or went to the pool. At POFQ I bought the smaller mug that's great for coffee. Because I drove to the parks I just left it in the car.

D4D

R U serious? I dont understand if that was directed towards me cuz if it was, then u misunderstood me. Iwas agreeing w/u b/c I've never had a problem...I honestly never even knew there was a "policy" cuz when I bought the stupid thing there was no policy. Who even looks for a policy when buying a $10 mug? It's a mug! AND I was thanking u for ur advice, but somehow this all got misconstrued, whatever, I'm tired of talking about mugs, I better go before I get arrested by the "mug police".

Oh boy! a mug thread. I'm gonna go get some popcorn and put my feet up for this one!

man, let the mug war die. if you're on vacation and you worry about everytime you fill up at the tap something's wrong. ours are 4 years old and still hold the resort liquids quite well. but then, we're doomed to hell because of it. :rolleyes:

Swimnoid said:
Oh boy! a mug thread. I'm gonna go get some popcorn and put my feet up for this one!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have a friend that works at WDW (actually I have a lot that works at WDW) and she was saying how management at Disney(yes they read these boards) cannot believe how some here carry on about the mugs. She claims that they (Disney) are not half as concerned with the mug issue as the people on the different Disney boards.
Thought some might find that interesting.
She did go on to say that, Disney would love everyone to buy a new mug with each trip, but they realize they is not going to happen.

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

It's a mug, people! I've had mine for like 10 years and I bring it back every time. I have better things to do then get "peeved" about who refills a Carribean Beach mug at the All Star resort. And don't you think that with all the money you spend at Disney, the least you can get is some free refills? I mean, really. I didn't realize there were such strict rules on mugs. I guess next time I got to Disney, I better ask for a copy of their mug policy before I give them my $10. Is that what everyone else does? I assume so. How else would you know, not only that there IS a "mug policy" but, what the policy actually is?! So, my answer to that question is, yes get a mug b/c you can get alot of use out of it and it does make a good souvenEAR. Just don't refill it infront of a mug cop...Now,let's move on. How 'bout those Yankees?

Loooove them Yankees

2 weeks and 2 days before I go, yay! Afrazier-sorry for all the controversy my suggestion would cause, who knew? Have a good trip!

I didn't mean to offend you. The "mug police" was a joke, really sorry if that was taken wrong.

And the more I think about it, why should I care who fills mugs where? I'll let it go from now on while on vacation.

They are great mugs for gifts or home use.

D4D

"Sir please step out of you room and put your mug on the ground"

"You are under arrest. You are being charged with vacationing with an expired mug and riding test track while under the influence of Nescafe (Eww)"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter