Question on purchasing tickets at SOG

TDERadulski

BWV DVC 2003
I am contemplatiing purchasing tickets at SOG for our upcoming trip in October.
DH is active duty and will be travleing with us. My parents, who do not qualify for SOG, will also be with us. My first question is, is DH allowed to purchase tickets through SOG for all members of his traveling party? Also, are tickets purchased through SOG tax exempt? I noticed that the park hopper ticket prices at SOG are the same as the Disney advance ticket purchase price.....but if I could save on sales tax, I would buy them at SOG. I am going to check out the prices at my ITT office and see if they are tax free there.
Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

- Tara

Hopefully I can help a little bit. The tickets are tax free at Shades of Green so there is a little savings there.

However, my husband and I are going in November and we plan to buy our 7 day park hopper plus from Hotwire because it is actually cheaper then Shades of Green. I have never heard of any problems of buying the in laws tickets or staying at Shades of Green with a sponsor (Your husband in this case) I hope it helps you some!

You should have no problem with your DH in attendance and your relatives in your party using the tickets....:) Ticket counter was right in the lobby of the new SOG if I remember correctly.

I'm guessing you have your dependent's military ID, don't you? If so you can buy tickets and even check into SOG if you want to. I have done it many times.

And yes, the tickets at SOG are tax-free.

Originally posted by Doodlebug939
Hopefully I can help a little bit. The tickets are tax free at Shades of Green so there is a little savings there.

However, my husband and I are going in November and we plan to buy our 7 day park hopper plus from Hotwire because it is actually cheaper then Shades of Green. I have never heard of any problems of buying the in laws tickets or staying at Shades of Green with a sponsor (Your husband in this case) I hope it helps you some!

If you don't mind me asking, what are the ticket prices through Hotwire? I have not signed up, but was toying with the idea...

The only one I have info. on is the 7 Day PHP which we are going to buy as the unused days/pluses never expire. Price is $302.90 for adults and $242.51 for children 3-9. Shipping is free and there is no tax. We are also joining Hotwire Savings Club so we can purchase the meal vouchers too.

It may depend on the kind of tixs you would want. We decided not to worry about tixs that would expire and went with the Stars and Stripes pass that lasted the duration of our stay and allowed us into everything at Disney including parks, water parks, and Disney Quest. It was just about 5 bucks more than buying the park hopper from ITR on post. If you have any questions let me know.

Have a great trip,
Tina

My best friends husband is employed at our local AF base. When we went to Ft Wilderness last month, he and my husband rode over to SOG. He showed his military ID and bought his tickets and then they sold my husband his tickets. All together we bought 7 adult and 7 childrens annual passes so we saved TONS on taxes!

annual passes at sog are not much more than the 7 day php....you might consider that if you're going to go next year.
amie

Originally posted by Doodlebug939

Not to be the naysayer, but it really isn't cheaper after you keep paying the 7.95 a month to join. Unless you just join for one month and drop it. Just my two cents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter