Question on linked DVC reservation and the DDP

Schucraig

Disney World is my World!
We have a trip booked for next month in which we used 2 different sets of points to book our stay at SSR. Last night I called and added the DDP to the reservation which is linked together so we won't have to change rooms. The CM told me I may have to go and get new keys each time I the points change. Does anyone know if this is true? I can't imagine having to keep going down and getting new keys each time we use different points. :confused:

If your reservations were booked separately and linked, then the CM could be right. I think it depends on how the individual resort handles segmented reservations with dining. We had segmented reservations at BWV, BLT and KV in May/June. At BWV and BLT, we did not have to change keys or check in/out each time that our linked reservations changed. At KV, we did have to get new keys and check in/out each time that a linked reservation changed. Maybe someone who has experienced segmented reservations at SSR will post to help you further.

We had to get new keys 2x during our last stay because when our wait list days came thru they were treated as separate segments. That wasn't our choice but just how DVC handled it. This was at SSR.

As vicki c said, we had waitlisted days treated as segmented days even though I did not want them segmented. The reservation was linked, the waitlisted days had the same reservation number as the rest of the reservation. It was a nightmare, had to go back to the front desk to get it fixed several times. The CMs on duty could never fix it and always asked that we come back during the next shift or the next day. When it was "fixed", we still had to pay out of pocket to be reimbursed later. This was at BWV at the end of May. We wasted a lot of time with DDP.

Two weeks ago we had to check out and check in three times at SSR due to a segmented travel plan. SSR has not converted to the new version of software yet.

:earsboy: Bill

We have a trip booked for next month in which we used 2 different sets of points to book our stay at SSR. Last night I called and added the DDP to the reservation which is linked together so we won't have to change rooms. The CM told me I may have to go and get new keys each time I the points change. Does anyone know if this is true? I can't imagine having to keep going down and getting new keys each time we use different points. :confused:
If the reservation is truly linked so you don't have to change rooms (same view and EXACT unit type) and you added the DDP for the entire time (same one), you should not have to check in again or get new cards.

If the reservation is truly linked so you don't have to change rooms (same view and EXACT unit type) and you added the DDP for the entire time (same one), you should not have to check in again or get new cards.

Everything is the same the only difference is the points we used. The problem is that the 1st night is on one set of point and the next the 2nd night is on our other points and the night after that is on the other points. If I am going to have to keep getting new cards I might just skip the dining plan. They did say that the reservation is linked so that we never have to change rooms. I just don't want to waste time going back every day to get a new card. :sad2:

Everything is the same the only difference is the points we used. The problem is that the 1st night is on one set of point and the next the 2nd night is on our other points and the night after that is on the other points. If I am going to have to keep getting new cards I might just skip the dining plan. They did say that the reservation is linked so that we never have to change rooms. I just don't want to waste time going back every day to get a new card. :sad2:

The only thing I have read is that some, even those without the DDP but with a segmented trip under one reservation, have had issues with needing new keys.

That was never the case but since the system upgrade, it has happened.

So, I think regardless, you should at least prepare yourself for possible issues. Without the dining plan, at least your issues would only be reduced to issues with your keys working.

Good luck!

It is not related to the DDP. On the trip I mentioned above, we did not have the DDP, just the room and we still had to get new keys for each segment of our reservation.

But if you have the DDP, there is a potential for more problems with the credits and things.

It is not related to the DDP. On the trip I mentioned above, we did not have the DDP, just the room and we still had to get new keys for each segment of our reservation.

But if you have the DDP, there is a potential for more problems with the credits and things.

Were your reservations linked together, and they still made you get new keys?

You should be fine but never say never.

Were your reservations linked together, and they still made you get new keys?

Yes. I just reviewed my confirmation - it says all over it "linked" and it only had 1 reservation #, but the page has 3 separate sections on it. One for the first 3 nights, one for 2 nights, and then another one for the last 2 nights (the middle part was our waitlist days).

We were at OKW in June with six nights made on one contract that we own and one night made with a second contract that we own. We had to get new keys for that single night stay of our reservation. And that day just happened to be the day they were upgrading the computer system at WDW and we couldn't get the new keys until nearly 5PM. I'm glad I wasn't checking in that day. They had to make up cards at midnight the night before for guests and it was only one or two per villa, not one for each guest.

In the old days, the two reservations were linked and it was a done deal. For some reason, Disney just can't get good software or IT services.

Thanks for all of the advice. I was able to swap a few of my days and points. So now there is only one day where we might have to get new keys. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter