question on how to use ticket credit on SW

Catrinabeach

DIS Veteran
Last year when we went we ended up with a credit on our flight. We are going this Jan and would like to use it when I book our flights.

Not sure how long it lasts before it expires ? We booked in Aug and flew in Jan.
Did it expire in Aug or will it expire in Jan ?

You should call to confirm, but this happened to me recently, and I was told the credit has to be used on a flight that takes place within a year from the original booking. So if you booked in August for the first flight, the credit would have to be used on a flight that is scheduled before August of the next year.

Last year when we went we ended up with a credit on our flight. We are going this Jan and would like to use it when I book our flights.

Not sure how long it lasts before it expires ? We booked in Aug and flew in Jan.
Did it expire in Aug or will it expire in Jan ?

You can have it extended. There will be a charge. Call SWA customer service.

It expired in Aug.

If you pay the $100 fee per confirmation number (so if you have two confirmation numbers with credit on them you will have to pay $200 in fee's) and SWA will extend the expiration date up to six months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter