Question on how Pop Warner week has affected discounts in the past

Vistor

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I am planning a trip for 12-7-2013 to 12-14-2013. I haven't booked the hotel yet but I did purchase the plane tickets a few days ago and the wife and I both arranged for the time off from work.

I just realized last night that 12-7 to 12-14 is the Pop Warner week this year. I'm not really worried about crowds but I am starting to get concerned about the odds of discounts being available that week since I've seen posts indicating it's generally a blackout period for Pop Warner week. Does anyone know if it is usually a blackout period for just free dining when it's being offered or does it usually affect rack rate discounts also?

I know I shouldn't count on any discounts but I'm thinking I should do whatever I can to maximize my chance of getting one. I'm wondering if I should push are arrival date back a day or two to increase the odds of catching free dining if it ends up being offered that first week of December. I already checked into pushing the arrival date back a full week but airfare the prior weekend would be a lot more expensive.

There are not usually any discounts for that week, unfortunately. That's not to say that a pin here or there [a pin being a special code sent to a specific individual only] might not include those dates. If you are a AAA member, you might be able to use that discount. While generally for a smaller percentage than a normal Disney discount, it's better than nothing.

Here is the link to a recent thread discussing it:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3102406

Thanks for the reply rlduvall. I do appreciate the info and will be checking on the AAA option. Thanks again.

We have gone the past two years during Pop Warner week and have gotten room only discounts both times. The first time I booked through an online agency and the second was through Disney directly. I wasn't sent a PIN code but there may have been one attached to my name when I called.
Good luck.

You are more likely to get something on a deluxe. Values and moderates are usually full.

You are more likely to get something on a deluxe. Values and moderates are usually full.

Not so IF you have an AP. I'm there every year during that time (not associated with PW) and have always gotten room discounts at values (including where PW stays) and moderates.

I've gone twice during Pop Warner week and was able to get an AP discount both times. The first time was at POFQ and the second time I did a split stay at CSR and YC. Using the AP discounts at a moderate was not a problem either time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter