• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

question on discount tickets for guests in same room but not in direct member household

My interpretation is that a DVC Member, with ID, must PICK-UP up the tickets.
But a Member ID card is not required to USE the tickets.
Therefore, tickets can be purchased for non-members.
:confused3

My interpretation is that a DVC Member, with ID, must PICK-UP up the tickets.
But a Member ID card is not required to USE the tickets.
Therefore, tickets can be purchased for non-members.
:confused3

After reading the fine print listed in earlier post, I'm inclined to agree...I think:o lol

Hopefully, we'll get feedback soon.

I do know that it let me assign one of these tickets to a non member in mde
Plus that one is listed as non transferable for this trip

I do know that it let me assign one of these tickets to a non member in mde
Plus that one is listed as non transferable for this trip
But you still have to go to Guest Services the first time you use the tickets, even if they are assigned to people in your MDE.

But you still have to go to Guest Services the first time you use the tickets, even if they are assigned to people in your MDE.
Even regular tickets it says you have to produce an I'd and the credit card used to buy them but they when was the last time they made you produce the info when they are linked

There are only 3 ways to buy them
1 in person I'm sure they wll ask for your membership card there
2 by calling member services there you give your membership info
3 through the dvc website where you log in

All three they verify your membership before purchasing

We bought our tickets for us and some people travelling with us but are not people living in our household. I was able link them up in MDE. They better work. The discount, without the PH option, is nothing different than I can get with UC. With these questions and uncertainties, I am starting to regret buying direct from Disney. :(

Nobody is going to say a thing. The rub might be if the non-member wanted to pick up a physical ticket instead of using a magicband already in their possession. They might ask to see the member card in that instance.

Even regular tickets it says you have to produce an I'd and the credit card used to buy them but they when was the last time they made you produce the info when they are linked

There are only 3 ways to buy them
1 in person I'm sure they wll ask for your membership card there
2 by calling member services there you give your membership info
3 through the dvc website where you log in

All three they verify your membership before purchasing
Last March. We had two DVC Annual Passes. We had them linked to our MDE. We had to go to Guest Services at AK (our first park to use them) and activate them. These were purchased using the DVC discount on the Disney website. We had to show our DVC member card and a photo ID for both of us. We have had to do that every time we bought tickets online with the DVC discount.

But the special tickets don't require a photo ID for each ticket user. Just the purchaser (plus the DVC Member card) to activate them for first use at Guest Services. If they are activated at different times, you'd need the member to activate them each time.

Last March. We had two DVC Annual Passes. We had them linked to our MDE. We had to go to Guest Services at AK (our first park to use them) and activate them. These were purchased using the DVC discount on the Disney website. We had to show our DVC member card and a photo ID for both of us. We have had to do that every time we bought tickets online with the DVC discount.

But the special tickets don't require a photo ID for each ticket user. Just the purchaser (plus the DVC Member card) to activate them for first use at Guest Services. If they are activated at different times, you'd need the member to activate them each time.
While you're experience with AP's is accurate, this has never been the case for regular tickets discounted for DVC. I haven't read a single report of people being required to "activate" regular tickets. It was in the terms for the special 4-day ticket last year, but it was not actually enforced. I doubt it's enforced for these tickets, either.

While you're experience with AP's is accurate, this has never been the case for regular tickets discounted for DVC. I haven't read a single report of people being required to "activate" regular tickets. It was in the terms for the special 4-day ticket last year, but it was not actually enforced. I doubt it's enforced for these tickets, either.

I agree with Supersnoop. I will not have to go to guest services to "activate" these regular tickets. I have 5 of these tickets in my possession that are linked, clearly activated as they aren't vouchers, and FP made for both DVC and non-DVC family members. There is no distinction on these tickets making them different than the tickets I purchased from Disney any other time. The distinction is made at the time of purchase going through the DVC link to get the "special" purchase price. AP's are different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter