Question on DDP pricing

Parrafamily2010

Earning My Ears
I am considering adding the DDP to my upcoming WDW trip Oct 14th. We are annual passholders, staying at Ft Wilderness Cabins. We are a party of 5 - 2 adults - my step-son 14, step-daughter - 10 & my DD who we'll be celebrating her 1st Birthday with 2 character meals planned....

Is it worth it to add? Do you really end up saving 30%? Can I apply my table service for the character dining? Roughly what is the price to add it?

With only 2 meals I'd guess no, but you'd have to look for yourself. All your kids are Disney adults so you'd pay the adult price for DDP too.

Check out the 2010 DDP FAQ thread for prices and what's included. Yes, your character meals would count towards a TS credit. You may be better off getting the Tables in Wonderland card for $75 and it'll save you 20% off many of your meals.

BTW: The DDP can save "up to 30%" but it depends on what meals you get with your credits.

It all depends on how many nights you are staying and how many "sit down" restaurants you are planning.

Right now, the cost (for 2010) is about $42/night for adults (ages 10+) and $13? for children (3-9). Your littliest one will not have a plan and may eat "off your plate" for free, or you may pay OOP for meals for her (note: at buffets and family style places she'll eat for free anyway as well).

Unless you plan for 1 table service (sit down) meal per night of your stay, the DDP is typically not worth it (and even if you do, depending on the eating style and possibly meals, it may still not be worth it).

The advertising doesn't say you will save 30%. It says you can save up to 30%, depending on how you use the plan. The one year old doesn't get credits, and both the other kids are Disney dining adults. At this late time, you may also have problems getting ADRs for the restaurants you want.

Were the two character meals the only table service you had planned? You can certainly use your dining credits for those, but you'll get dining credits based on how many nights you stay. Is your group one that wouldn't mind planning on a table service meal every day? Some Disney visitors want to stay on the go and prefer not to break for a sit-down meal in a restaurant each day. And you really do need to plan if you are using dining credits - you won't hit that 30% savings if you leave WDW with unused credits. You're also staying in the cabins, which have kitchen facilities - did you have plans to use the kitchen for meals?

If you won't be using the credits the way they're designed to be used, you probably won't hit that 30% savings.

If one of your character meals is Cinderella's Royal Table, that one will cost two dining credits per person. All other character meals are one credit per person.

Also, adding the/any dining plan when you have APs turns your room-only reservation into a package (required to get a dining plan) and requires payment in full this close to your arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter