• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question on Counter Service credits...

shortypots

DIS Veteran
Apparently someone on the tips board for allears.net mentioned that they were able to exchange a CS for 4 snack credits:
"6.) We just returned from a short trip to Walt Disney World. We had purchased the dining plan and on the last day, each person had two counter-service meals remaining. We found out that last morning that each adult counter service can be "exchanged" for four snacks. Wish we had known this earlier because we ran out of snacks and ended up paying for numerous bottles of water on the last full day. - Nancy 1585"

Has anyone else had luck with this? How do you "exchange" a CS credit for snack credits?

We are going in Sept and debating on the dining plan. We are DVC members, so no free plan for us. If we can use CS credits for Snack credits, it would save us a bit on the F&W festival marketplaces.

Appreciate the help.

It's been reported that some CS might allow this - all reports have been resort CS, not parks. They would permit guests to cash in one CS credit for a few snacks.

This is not the same as trading your CS credits for snack credits. You would not be able to exchange CS for snack credits to use at the Festival.

We just did this, but only at the quick service in our hotel.

All Star movies was great about it, we ended up bringing home almost 20 rice krispie treats for the kids. (Cs and snack credits left)

I had a huge tray of Mickey treats and felt SO cool~LOL~

Now last year at AKL, it was a no go! We ended up using a CS for full meal just to get the snack before we left.

Does anyone know if you can trade 1 TS credit for 1 CS credit. I remember reading somewhere that ppl. were allowed to trade 1 TS credit for 1 CS credit and 1 snack credit. We're going for FD and I don't think we would really rather use our last TS credit as a CS credit. Can anyone tell me if they've had any luck with this or not? TIA!

Does anyone know if you can trade 1 TS credit for 1 CS credit. I remember reading somewhere that ppl. were allowed to trade 1 TS credit for 1 CS credit and 1 snack credit. We're going for FD and I don't think we would really rather use our last TS credit as a CS credit. Can anyone tell me if they've had any luck with this or not? TIA!

This has normally been offered during Free Dining, but the announcement hasn't been made about it this year. I'd assume the answer is going to be that it'll be allowed. I'm not sure if they'll offer the snack again this year. Last year only certain places had the snack coupons.

3 years ago, my dad did the trade for my research purposes. The snacks were only good at certain locations. We never used it.

These days. I always have to pay oop for a meal or two (this year 1ts, 1cs) I don't know what it's like to have credits left over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter