Question on booking USF packages?

dsnygirl2006

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone
Ok, I am new to booking a package for Universal.....I am going to go through my TA at AAA....I was wondering how it works, I know with Disney you do a deposit of $200 within 2 weeks after booking and the total is due 45 days before you leave....how do these packages work when you book them? Also are there any meal plans you can add on to the package like Disney?
Thanks everyone
:thumbsup2

We have always used AAA for our trips to US. We have, in the past, booked a package deal and we had to put down a deposit and the balance was due a month or so before the trip. This past trip we went through AAA and actually did the trip separately. We booked our two rooms and then purchased the park tickets at our local AAA office. It worked out cheaper than doing it as a package. Also, by booking the room only reservation, we paid for the rooms when we checked out and did not have to put down a deposit. I don't think you can add the park meal plan. There is no meal plan like Disney's. The restaurants at City Walk are pay as you go. The meal plan for the parks is really fast food and not something we would ever be interested in. My suggestion would be to have the AAA agent price your trip as a package (room/tickets) and price them separately (think the 2 park 7 day tickets are about $95 currently).

I wouldn't book a package. It is usually more expensive to book a package than book your hotel and tickets separately at Universal.

I also don't advise the meal plan. It is all counter service which isn't the best way to eat at the parks. I suggest Mythos, the Citywalk restaurants and the hotel restaurants.

I wouldn't book a package. It is usually more expensive to book a package than book your hotel and tickets separately at Universal.

I also don't advise the meal plan. It is all counter service which isn't the best way to eat at the parks. I suggest Mythos, the Citywalk restaurants and the hotel restaurants.

::yes:: Very true damo.Donn't do packages.The resturants are more then resonably priced for a theme park.Plus your AAA card will give you (i think)10% off your meal at most rest,wich does add up after a couple of days of on-site.I give this website to everyone thats new,it really helps with planning:thumbsup2

http://allears.net/uni/menu/menus.htm

Hope this helps!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter