Question on booking hotel reservations with an AP Discount

WDWGoofy

Earning My Ears
How do you go about making reservations at a Disney resort and getting an AP discount on them? We are interested in returning to WDW from January 1-7, 2002. I know the AP rates aren't out yet - but we would like to stay a couple of nights at the Grand Floridian. I called CRO and was told the Grand Floridian was booked up from January 1-4, but had openings on January 5 & 6.

Should I go ahead and make reservations, and then when the AP rates come out, switch the reservation to the AP rate? Do they allow you to switch your reservation to the AP rate if you already are holding it at rack rate? Or should I wait until the AP rates come out and then try to get a reservation?

Also, the reservation agent told me that the AP discount was only about 20% off rack rate -- I thought it was more than that.

Thanks for any insight anyone can give me.

You should go ahead and make your reservation now and try to obtain the AP Holder discount once those are released for January. If I remember correctly, the AP discounts for January, 2001 were released in November of last year. You should ask if "Annual Pass Holder" rates are available. These discounts are usually 25-40% off rack rate, depending on the resort.

Good Luck!

A couple of years ago it was approximately 25% off of rack rate. Last year, AP Holder discounts were few and far between at the value resorts, so I don't know if it was the same. I haven't checked this year, but would venture a guess that it is the same percentage, as the discounts at the moderates and the deluxes are running about the same as in past years.

I just got a special annual passholder rate at the All Stars. It is valid at Value, Moderate and Deluxe from August 9 - October 3. I got the allstars for 54.83/night with tax which is half of what it was without the discount so that is an excellent deal.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter