Question on AP room rates

PatMcDuck

DIS Veteran
Looking to save some $$ of course. Thinking about buying an AP at Universal to get a good room rate in November, at one of the 3 resorts with the Express passes.

How do you get AP room rates? Can you check them on the website, or so I have to call? I will buy the AP if there is a favorable room to be booked (we live in NJ, not sure it will get used a 2nd time).

So far we have not been able to see anything better than $299 at HRH (2 adults).

Thanks to anyone with advice, will keep reading this board for tips as well.

I put APH in the code box and was able to book Portofino Bay for $199.

Thanks so much. Is November out yet?

I appreciate the help, thanks.
That I don't know
Once I saw October bad AP rates released for the hotels, I stopped checking

You can put your November dates in and use promo code APH and see if anything shows up

If only smsm are reflected then I would assume APH rates are not out yet for that month

I was wondering how come the APH rate for RPR is higher than the SMSM rate. Is it because there are no rooms available with the APH rate ? We are booked already for Oct 23rd - Oct 27th and I was trying to find something where I can modify the rate I have which is $247.20.

i'm looking at the booking site now and see this for King Suites
(all other suites are much higher and no standard rooms are listed for availability right now )

VIEW ALL ROOMS
Stay More, Save More Average Rate Per Night: $331.20

Rate Description:

Enjoy special savings - the longer you stay the more you save! Not combinable with other offers/discounts

for APH

King Suite
At 670 square feet, you’ll feel like island royalty in the King Suite featuring a living room and separate bedroom with a king-size bed. The spacious living area offers ample room for your relaxation and entertainment, along with a pull-out sofa and a desk area. Both rooms feature an entertainment center with television and sitting areas.
FULL ROOM DESCRIPTIONRATE INFO

Average Rate Per Night:$289.80

right now, it looks like no standard rooms are listed.
just keep checking to see if they show up in a week or daily.

I have seen rates and room types go up and down over the years so don't panic at this point.

Your present price of $247.20 looks decent for right now.

Could be that different booking travel companies have booked up blocks of rooms and when they can't sell them, they will be released back to the hotel.

i book way out from my arrival dates and i'm talking months.
When i booked a king suite, I got it at $181.xx plus tax per night.
But, i used the smsm rate as it was way cheaper than the aph rate.

i'm looking at the booking site now and see this for King Suites
(all other suites are much higher and no standard rooms are listed for availability right now )

VIEW ALL ROOMS
Stay More, Save More Average Rate Per Night: $331.20

Rate Description:

Enjoy special savings - the longer you stay the more you save! Not combinable with other offers/discounts

for APH

King Suite
At 670 square feet, you’ll feel like island royalty in the King Suite featuring a living room and separate bedroom with a king-size bed. The spacious living area offers ample room for your relaxation and entertainment, along with a pull-out sofa and a desk area. Both rooms feature an entertainment center with television and sitting areas.
FULL ROOM DESCRIPTIONRATE INFO

Average Rate Per Night:$289.80

right now, it looks like no standard rooms are listed.
just keep checking to see if they show up in a week or daily.

I have seen rates and room types go up and down over the years so don't panic at this point.

Your present price of $247.20 looks decent for right now.

Could be that different booking travel companies have booked up blocks of rooms and when they can't sell them, they will be released back to the hotel.

i book way out from my arrival dates and i'm talking months.
When i booked a king suite, I got it at $181.xx plus tax per night.
But, i used the smsm rate as it was way cheaper than the aph rate.

I am happy with my rate so no complaints really I was just curious. That all makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter