Question of DVC points brokerage?

Gamblers

Mouseketeer
Hello to all! We are in the early stages of planning a Disney World trip and I was looking into the DVC points rentals. We have always stayed onsite in the past but have never thought about doing the DVC thing. My question is....IF we can get DVC points rental done will we be able to still have the benefits of staying onsite? Like early ADRs, FastPass+, and if we have any questions or problems can I call Disney?
Any info or websites that I can look at would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Gary

Hello to all! We are in the early stages of planning a Disney World trip and I was looking into the DVC points rentals. We have always stayed onsite in the past but have never thought about doing the DVC thing. My question is....IF we can get DVC points rental done will we be able to still have the benefits of staying onsite? Like early ADRs, FastPass+, and if we have any questions or problems can I call Disney?
Any info or websites that I can look at would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Gary

You will have all the same resort benefits except daily housekeeping. If you have questions or problems with the resort reservation before you checkin, you cannot call Disney. Only the member can contact Disney about the room reservation.

You'll get a reservation number that you can enter into MDE and do all that you need to do there. If you want the dining plan, the member can add it, you just pay the member when you want it added.

To clarify - you can't call Disney about your room reservation - call them all you want about your tickets, dining reservations, etc.

You also can't move your room type, your dates, your resort, or cancel. Once you make the reservation, ESPECIALLY through a broker, it is final.

Magical Express and dining are also made through the member who owns the points - you won't be able to call for those.

DVC is a timeshare, not a resort hotel. Daily housekeeping will be a big difference, but so will room configuration. You won't get fresh towels every day. Bring your own shampoo - you'll get the little starter bottles, but not enough for your trip.

Reservations are best made months in advance - rentals on short notice are often unavailable. If you are looking at any of the low cost options (Boardwalk Standard, BLT Standard, VAKL Value), they can be very difficult to get.

Thanks for the responses. So I can contact Disney about tickets, ADR's and FastPass stuff. If we are wanting to get the Dining Plan, or getting ME setup, or anything about the room DO NOT call Disney call the broker. And there is no daily housekeeping. I think I got it! :)
Another question is the difference between standard and value at the DVC?

Thanks for the responses. So I can contact Disney about tickets, ADR's and FastPass stuff. If we are wanting to get the Dining Plan, or getting ME setup, or anything about the room DO NOT call Disney call the broker. And there is no daily housekeeping. I think I got it! :)
Another question is the difference between standard and value at the DVC?
I think you have it. Only AKV has value villas and they are limited in number. They are only in Jambo House on the fifth floor. They are about three feet shorter in depth than the standard or savanna villas. They can have a parking lot view, pool view or savanna view. The view you get is the luck of the draw. At other DVC resorts that have standard views, the standard view goes quickly because it requires fewer points. But may have a less desirable view.

Never count on a standard or value room being available at a chosen resort. If you want Boardwalk Villas, and you can afford standard, your first choice should be standard, but have a second choice in mind - do you want to stick with BWV and spend more for a preferred view, or do you want the same sort of point structure at OKW or will you move to CRO reservations? Hope for the best, have a better odds plan in your back pocket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter