++++Question list for first BLT guests!!!++++ (BLT is open! Answers are coming in!!)

Just wondering if BLT has the Disney cartoon channel - the one that plays the same loop of cartoons. My dd loves watching that channel! :happytv: I think it was channel 96 when we stayed at the BWV last summer.

Thanks, Tracy

They don't have this channel. We stayed in the Contemporary the night before opening and they have the channel in there so we were hoping that it would be over in BLT but it is not there.

We love putting that channel on just for background noise when relaxing in the room and wish they would pipe it over to BLT also.

I know that the MK view rooms start on a certain floor and I think it's the 4th floor, but I can't remember. I'll see if I can dig up the reference and post it.

They tried to give us a MK view room on the 3rd floor also. We were amoung the first group of people to check in so we got it changed and ended up on the 8th floor.

So far I've heard of 4 groups of people given 3rd floor MK views that changed to higher floors on the first day. We paid for a MK view, not a fireworks view or a 'tip of the castle' view.

Which shop carries groceries? How is the selection?

The market place in the Contemporary has groceries, average selection like other resorts. Most comparable to store at wilderness lodge

--snip awesome amount of answers--

Where are BBQ grills located?

Beside pool area. About 4 grills and a covered area.

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide all these answers!!!

Updated with:
Smoking area info
Menus for Cove Bar, poolside private dining and Top of the World
BBQ grill info
Recreation info
Wifi info
Community Hall info

THANKS so much to everyone who has added questions and to those providing answers. :worship:

I'll continue to watch for reports from lots of sources and update/add info as needed. Perhaps this weekend I'll convert the thread into an "official" BLT Information thread on the Mousecellaneous board...

Yes. Wifi is available in some of the public areas, we can't pick it up in our room. I have seen the 'BLT Guest WiFi' hotspot apear on my wifi finder in the lobby area and in the TOW Lounge.

Accessing the wifi requires the last 10 digits on your room key, costs $9.95 for 24 hours access with the usual disclaimer that the charge does not apply to DVC members.

Thank you for the info and thanks Tara for the thread and all the updating!

Added a couple of questions:

What activities (arts & crafts) are offered at Community Hall?

Are movies shown by the BLT pool in the evenings?

Does anyone have a picture of the Bay Lake Tower shirts for sale at the Contemporary? Are shirts the only thing currently for sale BLT related? Thanks

We will be looking to use up 2 TS credits for a room service dinner and I just saw on page one that you can get take out from Califonia Grill. Has anyone ordered room service this way? How did it work?
Thanks so much!
Megan

Staying at BLT in October!:cool1:

Thanks for the balcony answer.
How does the fitness center at BLT compare to other DVC locations? i.e. VWL, BWV
is it easy to get to Olympiad at the contemporary?
thank you,
mike

Thanks for the balcony answer.
How does the fitness center at BLT compare to other DVC locations? i.e. VWL, BWV
is it easy to get to Olympiad at the contemporary?
thank you,
mike

It's on the 3rd floor of the Contemporary, though I'm not sure exactly where. Should be easy to get to as it's just a walk across the bridge, 1 floor down on the elevator and then a walk to wherever it is in the tower (nothing in the tower is a terribly long walk).

Tara - Thanks so much for compiling this list of answers. It will prove AMAZINGLY helpful when I make my first trip home!

Thanks!

I know that the MK view rooms start on a certain floor and I think it's the 4th floor, but I can't remember. I'll see if I can dig up the reference and post it.

We are staying Labor day week in a studio Mk view... what is a good floor to request...want a good view of Mk as does everyone else... lol

Could someone point me in the right direction of maybe a color coded picture of BLT that easily shows what the booking categories/ views? :)
Where's Robo when ya need him?:goodvibes
We are just tring to figure out just where a Lake view room versus a Standard view would put us. Thanks. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Could someone point me in the right direction of maybe a color coded picture of BLT that easily shows what the booking categories/ views? :)
Where's Robo when ya need him?:goodvibes
We are just tring to figure out just where a Lake view room versus a Standard view would put us. Thanks. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Look om the BLT Owners & Groupies thread, I saw a link to a thrread with a VERY detailed room map.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter