++++Question list for first BLT guests!!!++++ (BLT is open! Answers are coming in!!)

Also enjoying the blog!!
Funny that I don't hear any BLT owners complaining about cash guests disallowed from the lounge & pool :cloud9:. Not trying to stir the pot people, just pointing out that ownership has its perks!

I just want to make sure that the 2nd bedroom of the dedicated 2 Bdrms have 2 Queen beds and not a Queen and a sleeper sofa.

I read somewhere that BCV's dedicated 2 BDRMS, some don't have the 2 queens.:sad2: Want to make sure that's not true for BLT.

This is important to us as we can't sleep on sleeper sofa's due to bad backs.:sick:

Thanks.

Also enjoying the blog!!
Funny that I don't hear any BLT owners complaining about cash guests disallowed from the lounge & pool :cloud9:. Not trying to stir the pot people, just pointing out that ownership has its perks!

Cash guests are not allowed to use the pool? Really? I can understand the lounge, but the pool?

Cany anyone tell me whether the magic kingdom view rooms are on all floors, or just the higher floors?! Hoping for a high floor (like everyone else) but would love to know what it's like lower down!
Debsx

I'm also curious about the views....where are the standard views located? I would be most interested in having a Bay Lake view or Magic Kingdom view but curious what they are considering a standard view?
Any help would be apprieciated!

Cash guests are not allowed to use the pool? Really? I can understand the lounge, but the pool?

As I understand it cash guests at BLT can use both the BLT pool & the Contemporary hotel's, but cash guests at Contemporary can NOT use the BLT pool; maybe that's what was being referred to? :confused: If not and I paid cash rates I would be incredibly angry to put it nicely!

Cany anyone tell me whether the magic kingdom view rooms are on all floors, or just the higher floors?! Hoping for a high floor (like everyone else) but would love to know what it's like lower down!
Debsx

I know that the MK view rooms start on a certain floor and I think it's the 4th floor, but I can't remember. I'll see if I can dig up the reference and post it.

Debsx

Updated the original post, but here's the answer repeated:

Jack Spence says:
Rooms start on the second floor. They do NOT have good views of the Magic Kingdom, yet members are charged the same amount of points as those staying on a higher floor. I'm sure Disney is going to get complaints about this. I was originally put in a third floor room. After seeing it, I returned to the check-in desk and requested a higher floor.

Thanks so much....................I wonder if you check in early and have been allocated a low floor whether if you offer to wait they would allocate you a higher floor?!
Would hate to have paid out all those points for a rubbish MK view!
Debx:upsidedow

Which shop carries groceries? How is the selection?

The market place in the Contemporary has groceries, average selection like other resorts. Most comparable to store at wilderness lodge.

Do the CR shops have DVC merchandise? Is there any merchandise featuring BLT?

The market place has a very small selection. There is a BLT tshirt in both mens and womens.

How many elevator banks are there? Where are they located?

two banks of three elevators.

Is there a Community Hall? Please describe the activities available. Do you have pictures??

Yes.

What was your room number, room size and view?

7820 - MK View - 1 bedroom Lockoff. ( 8th Floor )

Is there an ice maker in the freezer?

yes

Are the in-room washers HE or traditional models?

Traditional

There have been reports that the sliding doors to the bathrooms do not lock and do not provide complete privacy (visual and, um, audio ;)) - at least one report of doors not sliding shut completely, leaving a gap. Was this the case in your room?

Yes. Half the diameter of the quarter at the top and about the full quarter at the bottom

Do the bathrooms have motion-activated exhaust fans? (This one is for me!! :lmao: I hated the goshdarned fans at SSR with a passion!!!)

In the main bathroom they are motion activated. The small bathroom are switch activated.

Where are the internet jacks? If there is more than 1, are they all "hot"? (i.e., do they all work?)

One on desk in bedroom

How comfortable is the sleeper chair?

video of opening : http://www.flickr.com/photos/qtzar/3796392778/in/set-72157621965090080/

Is there a mug refill station at the pool bar?

Yes

Is private dining ordering available at the pool bar as it is at Kidani?

Yes

Is there a playground available?

Yes, Magic Kiingdom :-)

Where are BBQ grills located?

Beside pool area. About 4 grills and a covered area.

I'm sure this question should be on the list but I didn't see it...

There is a smoking area at the front of the building to the left of the main doors and there is a smoking area beside the Tempo Fountain.

There is a also a smoking area between the contemporary and BLT but it is a bit out of the way.

there are plenty of ashtrays around the pool area but talking to the manager of that area they are not smoking areas but for guests who have walked up to that area smoking so that they have somewhere to put out their cigarettes.

I had a question about the studios and storage.
I noticed here that the accessible studios differ from the model, do the others?

How big is the closet?
How big is the space under the "bath" sink?
Are there drawers in the "bathroom" sink vanity?

We aren't going until Dec., but Jed Clampet wanted his luggage back so I'm shopping for new Disney worthy luggage & I want to be sure it fits.

When we toured the models, it seemed to me that the studios had more closet and storage space than there was in the one-bedroom side of the villa.

Also enjoying the blog!!

I can understand cash guests not having access to the lounge, but I have not seen anything about them not having access to the pool. That is absurd if it is true.

I just want to make sure that the 2nd bedroom of the dedicated 2 Bdrms have 2 Queen beds and not a Queen and a sleeper sofa.

I read somewhere that BCV's dedicated 2 BDRMS, some don't have the 2 queens.:sad2: Want to make sure that's not true for BLT.

This is important to us as we can't sleep on sleeper sofa's due to bad backs.:sick:

Thanks.

I can share that we have a dedicated two-bedroom booked in early December, and our confirmation states two queen beds and one king bed.

I can understand cash guests not having access to the lounge, but I have not seen anything about them not having access to the pool. That is absurd if it is true.
Not true about the pool access. I'm staying on a cash ressie in several weeks, and our key to the world card will access the pool gates....
we just won't be able to use the lounge unless our key to the world card says "DVC member" and we produce a DVC membership card.

On a recent visit to the SSR vacation office, we were told that BLT would have wireless internet. Any truth? Thanks!

Just wondering if BLT has the Disney cartoon channel - the one that plays the same loop of cartoons. My dd loves watching that channel! :happytv: I think it was channel 96 when we stayed at the BWV last summer.

Thanks, Tracy

On a recent visit to the SSR vacation office, we were told that BLT would have wireless internet. Any truth? Thanks!

Yes. Wifi is available in some of the public areas, we can't pick it up in our room. I have seen the 'BLT Guest WiFi' hotspot apear on my wifi finder in the lobby area and in the TOW Lounge.

Accessing the wifi requires the last 10 digits on your room key, costs $9.95 for 24 hours access with the usual disclaimer that the charge does not apply to DVC members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter