Question in regards to Fairytale Dreams & Destinations

Hmmm....well...you can have the best of both worlds. Use your TA to do all the grunt work and if you don't need help with park planning or dining....do that part yourself!

That way if a better price comes out for your vacation you know it will be taken care of for you, any of your questions can be answered and best of all....you get to share the excitement of your magical trip with someone else that also has the "pixie dust" feeling! How much better can that be! (that was not a question, but a statement)

If a better price comes out..you can also snag that for yourself...just saying....
:confused3

Sure..........and it can be you rather than your TA spending hours on the phone waiting to do it! just saying....:goodvibes

Of course..absolutely.
But this isn't rocket science..and TA's are a perfect fit for some and not for others. And finding the right one for you is most important of all, there has to be chemistry or the 'relationship' won't be ideal.

I'm sorry Teresa to read about not just your 1 but 2 bad experiences with CAA Travel. Like Minnie said though, you can't paint all travel professionals with the same brush and there are many that will go above and beyond.

I am not familiar with the setup at CAA and if the agents there deal 100% strictly with travel or if they also service clients from the other aspects of CAA and what they do. I would suggest the next time if you decide to use them again and when meeting with them for the first time, I would spend a couple of minutes qualifying your agent and finding out their level of experience with the destination you are travelling too and ask what suppliers they deal with to that destination. If you aren't comfortable with what you are hearing, then ask for a recommendation in their office to deal with someone who is knowledgeable in that product or destination.

In our local CAA office, the travel agents do only travel. I'm sure it's true that some agents are better than others, but after two really bad experiences, I am NOT going back there again.

I really wouldn't know how to qualify an agent, either. The whole reason I was approaching a travel agent for the one trip was that I didn't know much about the destination and wanted help in planning. She said she knew lots about it and had been there, but I wouldn't be able to tell if she was telling the truth or not, or if the suppliers she used were good ones or not. The bigger problem was the lack of service, phone calls not returned, questions not answered, quotes not prepared, and things not booked in time for deadlines - all this despite repeated phone calls on my part requesting what I needed.

Teresa

In our local CAA office, the travel agents do only travel. I'm sure it's true that some agents are better than others, but after two really bad experiences, I am NOT going back there again.

I really wouldn't know how to qualify an agent, either. The whole reason I was approaching a travel agent for the one trip was that I didn't know much about the destination and wanted help in planning. She said she knew lots about it and had been there, but I wouldn't be able to tell if she was telling the truth or not, or if the suppliers she used were good ones or not. The bigger problem was the lack of service, phone calls not returned, questions not answered, quotes not prepared, and things not booked in time for deadlines - all this despite repeated phone calls on my part requesting what I needed.

Teresa

Sounds like perhaps either your particular agent didn't care or was too busy with too much on her plate. Neither are an excuse for poor service. I always say "you don't get a second chance at a first impression"!! Shame that one person can ruin it for the entire agency but that can be the case...

Teresa

I see. Well there is certainly no excuse for bad customer service which this is a case of. Even if it were a case of the agent not getting the pricing from the supplier in a timely manner or confirmation of the bookings were taking a while for the various components of a trip which can happen, she should have responded to your phone calls and update you on the progress of putting together your itineary and not ignore you.

In the end did you get to go to New Zealand and have a wonderful time?

I didn't realize there even was a Canadian TA for Disney! I've used Magic For Less twice now (Cindy- cindy@themagicforless.com) and have been thrilled both times with her service.

We had one thing happen on our first trip, where our booking for a Pirate Cruise got messed up (wrong day and time from what I had requested), and Cindy was able to fix things within 2 hours, while we were AT Disney!:thumbsup2

She's also awesome with "stupid questions" and both trips found us extra discounts that weren't openly available to the general public. She got us all our ADRs, within 10 minutes of my requested times both times too....

I <3 Cindy, lol....we'll be booking through her for all our future trips.:confused3

Discounts not openly available to the public? Disney allow NO ONE to undercut them!

As does every other agent. In addtion, the promotions would be offered on the Disney website. My point was, she isn't privy to anything that anyone else would not be. They may have to look, but they are available to all.

As does every other agent. In addtion, the promotions would be offered on the Disney website. My point was, she isn't privy to anything that anyone else would not be. They may have to look, but they are available to all.

That's not quite true. There are a very few Disney Travel agencies (The Magic For Less is one, I can't think of the name of any others right at the moment) in the U.S.A. that have "extra" codes and deals offered through them, simply b/c they actually work for Disney itself.

There aren't (in Canada, as has already been discussed) any such agencies here. There ARE TA's here that have "extra" training, but they don't work FOR Disney, like the agencies in the States.

I have actually spoken to one of those Canadian TA's and asked about specific deals we've gotten through TMFL, b/c she is a friend and I wanted to give her the business if she could match the price, and she couldn't access those deals.

To my knowledge, they aren't displayed on the website either, as they are an incentive to book through on of the approved agencies.

You have lost me I am afraid...there are many 'Disney certified agents' in multiple agencies. The fact that they perhaps choose to sell only Disney is their option but most offer a variety of travel. The agency you mentioned does not 'work' for Disney. They may represent them as do others. Disney has the Walt Disney Travel Company, that is Disney's agency as such.

That said, you would do best not promoting a U.S agency on a Canadian board. People booking via this company have zero protection from our governing body here TICO amongst others in other provnces and that is not wise.:confused3

You have lost me I am afraid...there are many 'Disney certified agents' in multiple agencies. The fact that they perhaps choose to sell only Disney is their option but most offer a variety of travel. The agency you mentioned does not 'work' for Disney. They may represent them as do others. Disney has the Walt Disney Travel Company, that is Disney's agency as such.

That said, you would do best not promoting a U.S agency on a Canadian board. People booking via this company have zero protection from our governing body here TICO amongst others in other provnces and that is not wise.:confused3

Unless you're a Mod, you don't have the right to say that to me. I'll recommend (not "promote") any business in any country I choose- especially if I have found them to be completely trustworthy in business- over taking orders from someone whom I don't know from a hole in the ground on the Disboards.

Canadian companies are great. I even stated I tried (not knowing about the company the OP mentioned) to work with a Canadian agent, but she couldn't get me the same deal. Period. I don't know about you, but since the economy tanked, I need to squeeze everything possible out of every vacation dollar I have!

The company I mentioned IS affiliated directly with Disney. I may have mistated to indicate some kind of ownership...but they are indeed affiliated. I have that directly from Disney, when I had to work with both the agnecy and Disney to fix a couple on snafus we encountered (which were Disney's fault, not TMFL's) The CM commented on that fact...and the fact it was easier to work wth them b/c they were affiliates, not just some random Travel Agency.

As far as "losing you"- that doesn't bother me at all...since you haven't made any sense to me either.:confused3

My apologies to the OP...I merely meant to indicate happiness in finding out about a Canadian company I could use, even though I have had good luck with an American one....not get mucked into an argument about semantics and legalities with someone else.

Okay, perhaps that was a poor choice of words. I didn't mean to offend. I am just very wary of agencies that Canadians have no safety net when using. That's all...

And yes, the agency you recommend is affiliated with Disney as far as they are a registered seller of Disney product.They are not exclusive.

Sorry if I have not explained properly.

And yes, the agency you recommend is affiliated with Disney as far as they are a registered seller of Disney product.They are not exclusive.

Exactly. Not exclusive. MANY agencies have the exact same relationship with Disney.

I assure that the Magic for Less does NOT work for Disney. The biggest give away that they don't is that they offer information for Universal Studios on their website...

The company I mentioned IS affiliated directly with Disney. I may have mistated to indicate some kind of ownership...but they are indeed affiliated. I have that directly from Disney, when I had to work with both the agnecy and Disney to fix a couple on snafus we encountered (which were Disney's fault, not TMFL's) The CM commented on that fact...and the fact it was easier to work wth them b/c they were affiliates, not just some random Travel Agency.

You are probably referring to the fact that they are an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner agency or part of Disney's Earmarked program. These agencies sell many Disney trips and have signed a contract stating that they will place a high priority on selling the Disney Destinations. In return, Disney gives them special education and marketing benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter