Question if you've used DCL insurance "cancel for any reason"

Debbru

DIS Veteran
We had to cancel a recent cruise last minute because of a pet emergency. We knew the DCL insurance would not cover pet illness but the "cancel for any reason" part of it would give us a FCC of 75% of the penalty amount. We put the claim in the same day we cancelled & got a reply from AON - "pet illness is not a covered reason" but we would be receiving the FCC. They said the letter detailing the FCC would be sent separately with details on how to use it.
The first reply came so fast - 3 days after filing the claim. But it's been another 5 days & we've heard nothing else. Has anyone ever used this part of the insurance & how long did it take to get the FCC letter? Thanks for any help.

The credit actually comes from DCL and is not officially part of the AON insurance. I was always under the impression that after the official insurance denial, you need to contact DCL to request the credit (showing proof of the insurance denial). Hopefully someone else will chime in.

The credit actually comes from DCL and is not officially part of the AON insurance. I was always under the impression that after the official insurance denial, you need to contact DCL to request the credit (showing proof of the insurance denial). Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Their denial email said we would receive the FCC in a separate email. But if we don’t get anything soon I will definitely contact DCL. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter