Question: groceries at BWV?

bangzoom6877

DIS Veteran
We plan to buy groceries before checking in (we're having breakfast in the villa most mornings). If I need to pick something up quickly while we are in the middle of our trip, what types of groceries do they carry in the General Store at the Boardwalk besides milk? Do they have things like frozen waffles or cereal? Is there a list somewhere of what they sell? I know it will be more expensive than going off-property but I am curious in case we need to go there for something. Thanks!

The available items at the resort stores are pretty much the same at all of the resorts. Eggs, cereal, juice, donuts etc.

:earsboy: Bill

We checked out the items in the store over by Boardwalk Bakery a couple of weeks ago. In addition to Bill's list they also had bacon, eggs, lunch meat, cheese, frozen dinners, bread, mayo, mustard, various picnic items.

I know they had cereal, milk and juice. There were also at least pop tarts. Didn't check for frozen items like waffles.

For our next trip, we will fly, but I think I'm going to carry on a box of cereal and coffeecake (we are a dessert-with-breakfast family). Don't know if we will buy or make/freeze our own.

Then, when we get there, I'll just need the liquids--saving a buck or two.

That's my plan now, anyway.

I was going to say - if you're a DVC member, check the member website. There should be a list of groceries you can have delivered to your room. I believe those groceries are available at the store at that DVC resort.

But... I couldn't get the DVC member page to open up. Don't know if there's a problem there.

Expect you can purchase the same for much less at the Hess Station across the street. We get a 12 pack of diet coke there, for same price as a 2 litre from the General Store.

Expect you can purchase the same for much less at the Hess Station across the street. We get a 12 pack of diet coke there, for same price as a 2 litre from the General Store.

True. While I don't know if they have eggs or waffles, the Hess should be able to fulfill most beverage issues....

True. While I don't know if they have eggs or waffles, the Hess should be able to fulfill most beverage issues....

Beverages are no problem...we are driving down and will be bringing cases of water with us that we bought at BJ's. I was mainly wondering about perishable items like milk, waffles, etc. Anyone know if they sell cream cheese or butter at the general store? Before heading to WDW we will be in Boca Raton for a few days and I can hit the Publix down there before we drive up to WDW and pick up a package of bagels for my kids. If they sell cream cheese at the general store, I can just get it there and they will be very happy to eat bagels and cream cheese for breakfast!

We are flying, and being able to walk over and buy a case of water would be a huge savings. I plan to do that after the kiddos go to bed on the night we arrive.

Thanks.

I don't know if the Hess has cases of water. DH just bought liter bottles. We were there in Jan so we didn't have to have water bottles with us all the time. We just drank in the villa. But if you bring your own refillable bottle (or plastic)--then the case still isn't a necessity.

Wegoshop is great. We have used them many times. They look for specials and call if there is something not available.

Wegoshop is great. We have used them many times. They look for specials and call if there is something not available.

Thanks. I'm using wegoshop for our one night precruise at BWV. I can carry on soda and water and will bring a hard sided small suitcase to put the sodas and waters in (that I order from wegoshop). I figure I'll also order us a small breakfast and juice and soda and snacks for the room at night.
Don't tell the family, they think we are staying overnight at the port and taking a cab to/from airport to hotel.
I've arranged a limo from home to airport from MCO to BWV (2 bedroom) and from BWV to port and port/MCO. They think we are staying at the Radisson LOL
Not sure when I am going to tell them though about BWVs.
I also purchased one day passes for the 2 girls (16) to go to EPCOT when we arrive while my ds (12), dh and I have reservations at the Yachtsman Steakhouse (put aside $200 for that meal, hope it covers it :lmao:). Thanks for letting me get that out, it is a killer not being able to tell them. My dd is also bringing her friend since we are celebrating her Sweet 16 and my dh and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary, which really is in September (but once Fall Baseball starts up, they are never home on weekends).
Anyway, thanks. I will be ordering from wegoshop too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter