• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

question from a scrapbooking wannbe

eliza61

DIS Veteran
Hello all,
My family & I have been on numerous WDW over the years and I have tons of pictures of our children literally at all ages on these vacations. I thought a scrapbook would make a wonderful way to store these momentoes and pictures but I'm at a loss on how to get started :confused3 . Are there some basic things I should know? Is there a book on the subject to get me started that Diser's really like? I live in NJ, is there a arts & craft store that others in this area really like for supplies?
Any and all help would really (and I mean really) be appreciated.

there are several really nice Disney albums out there - Mickey, Princess, etc--everyone carries them - Hobby Lobby, A.C. Moore, Michaels, Walmart...as far as a favorite book, I'd start with one of the magazines out there before investing in a book - they'll give you tons of ideas.
There is a GREAT website for scrapbooking info it's www.twopeasinabucket.com there are TONS & TONS of layouts on there in the peanutgallery & if you type in Disney it'll pull of lots too look at & copy...

HTH some...

I would recommend the magazine Simple Scrapbooks to any beginner. It even has a list (with pictures) of the basic tools you will need. Good luck!

You might want to join the yahoo group Disneyscrappers. Lots of great ideas and wonderful people. Also since you have so many pictures of your kids at different ages maybe start with an ABC album and show them at different ages but on the same theme or letter.

I second what everyone else said. Start with your most recent memories first.. those are freshest in your mind. Don't try to do a huge album, there are lots of great disney 8x8 albums out there..
Also, I just finished my last album, and i decided to stick with one line of coordindinating paper and embellishments, it made putting the whole "look" together so much easier. Chatterbox has a great "Disney color" paper that i used...
You can buy it online here:
http://www.chatterboxinc.com/chatterbox2.asp
The "room" (the name of the collection of papers and embellishments is called - Sun Room)
Good luck!

I live in South Jersey also. ACMoore & JoAnn's have a good selection of Disney themed products and usually run good sales, or use a 40% coupn. Don't buy the paper full price!!! Usually once a month it is on sale for 40% off. Mousememories.com is a good pace also -- I ahve used them several times and their service and selection is wonderful

There is a scrapbook store on Burntmill Rd in Voorhees, The Scrapbook Station (856)616-1735. It also has a great selection, although the prices are a bit higher than your standard craft store. They will let you use one 40% coupon per week however. This store is a wonderful place to go to learn the craft. They offer free basic scrapbooking classes and are not pushy when it comes to selling thier products. They also have crops on Fri & Sat nights. It is great to scrap with others who share your interest, another good way to learn. Also, I have never been to a crop in which someone wasn't working on a Disney album. Usually, I am working on mine but I did finally finish my last trip. I started scrapbooking 3 years ago after my first Disney trip -- I basically learned what I needed to by going to crops and seeing what other people did.

My advice about getting started is to sort your photos! Decide whether you want to scrap each trip in its own album, or just select the best photos from all of the trips for one (or more) album. I can see the benfits of both. Browse through some of the websites mentioned in this post, check out the supplies..I always sketch my pages first, but I am not sure that many people do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter