Question for you guys..WIFI in parks and park hrs?

disneydad78

DIS Veteran
Ok guys, I did look on other websites found some old OUTDATED posts about this subject. So Im hoping things have changed about the WIFI. post I found where back in 09'.

#1 Is there free WIFI in the parks? I just DL the DisneyParks Mobile Magic App and we want to use it while in the parks, but didnt want use up our data plan, while on it threwout the whole day.

#2For you that use the App how do you like it?

#3 we are close approaching our 180 days out for booking our ADR's. Im going by the disneyworld website http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/
. Are those dates with the EMH pretty well, "written in stone"?

Thanks guys for all your help. LOVE THE PODCAST ,HAPPY 15!!!!

There is no free wifi in the parks, but there is inside the resorts. :goodvibes

There is a Travel Agents calendar that is the best source of information, but I cannot find my link to it right now - I'm sure someone has it. Disney's site is NOT the best place.

If you are going at Christmas time, I would expect hours and EMHs to change much closer to those dates (I didn't try to calculate out based on your ticker). Closer to the middle of December, maybe not a lot of changes. You just have to go with the flow - they are frequently changing things as the dates get closer.

Ok guys, I did look on other websites found some old OUTDATED posts about this subject. So Im hoping things have changed about the WIFI. post I found where back in 09'.

#1 Is there free WIFI in the parks? I just DL the DisneyParks Mobile Magic App and we want to use it while in the parks, but didnt want use up our data plan, while on it threwout the whole day.

No free WiFi (or any Wifi, for that matter) inside the parks. They are testing a free hotspot at EPCOT in the relatively near future (may even be under way already), but I would not expect there to be anything more significant than that by the time you go.

Quick tip: the carriers' data networks at Disney are really overloaded, and if you leave your data connection on all day, it is really taxing on your battery because your phone is constantly searching for a stable connection. I've started switching off my data and wifi and just turn them on when I need them. That way, you will still gets calls and texts, but you'll still have plenty of battery to make it through the day. It's a bit of a hassle to manually turn it off and on, but the alternative is a dead phone, which isn't going to do you any good at all.

If you have an Android phone, you can even just put a widget right there on your home screen to toggle it off and on. IPhone will require a couple more steps, but once you're used to it, you'll be able to do it in seconds.

search google for this exact string:

wdw_operating_calendar_nov

or

wdw_operating_calendar_dec

and you should find what you're looking for.

There is no free wifi in the parks, but there is inside the resorts. :goodvibes

Actually, that's not the case anymore. There is free WiFi in Epcot now through July 8th at The Highland Games Tournament. You can read more about it here (shameless plug teehee). ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter