Question for TwinPrincessMermaids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Bree

Earning My Ears
Hi TwinPrincessMermaids,

I've seen you mention on a few threads about your being a part-time Mermaid. Any chance of your posting a picture?
I'm super curious!

Regards, Brenda (who likes to wear tiaras)

I'm so, sorry, I JUST now saw this! I must have missed it.

Yes, at least 3 of us girls (twinkie plus a friend) have mermaid fins. In Jamaica, all 3 of us took mermaid photos together. That was really fun! I'm a green mermaid, twinkie is a pink mermaid, and friend is a silver mermaid. Silver mermaid and I were on Coki Beach in this past Feb and a lot of people had a blast taking photos with us. Pink mermaid and I were at Castaway together in April. One of the lifeguards actually snapped a photo of us from her tower.

Actually, why does Castaway not have a mermaid lagoon? Wouldn't that be the stuff! No offense, but Jack Sparrow seems a bit obvious. But Disney's own private island? We need to see Ariel and her sisters or the Peter Pan mermaids, etc. So until they get a mermaid lagoon, there we were.

Now you may ask, why do we go to beaches in mermaid tails? Well for several reasons. First being, who wouldn't want to be a mermaid? Second being, I REALLY like the dolphin kick style of swimming under the water. Rather than tiring my ankles out (like traditional single fins tends to do at least for me), I get a really strong push from my abs, quads, and legs and with a big monofin, I get really good propulsion. I was able to retrieve snorkels people dropped with at least a 20 ft depth with it. It's a very efficient way to move around the water! I also spend the majority of my time swimming UNDER the current. Whereas pink mermaid inflated her vest at CC, and I thought tended to have to fight the current more, I just swam under the current the majority of the time.

So here are some mermaid trip photos in one place for you:

3 mermaids at Jamaican resort Feb 2012:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/282336_116989198503339_989944850_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/941648_116990645169861_1839299286_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/270991_116989331836659_1353960357_n.jpg

with a cute baby:
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/164201_116990721836520_1796490217_n.jpg

twin princess mermaids:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/215378_116999568502302_422960417_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/923452_105636076305318_866438223_n.jpg

Prob my favorite one from Jamaica last year:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/934851_105634586305467_1450012341_n.jpg

In the photos above, we inserted regular split snorkel fins into the tails. In the photos below from this year, I have my single monofin, which I prefer. I will upgrade it too when I can...

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/936890_105739749628284_60837150_n.jpg
I like this one. Feb 2013 Coki Beach, St Thomas. I scored a margarita from a nice guy who took pics with me. Its funny to see a mermaid hanging out on the beach drinking a margarita.

I have some from the Nassau snorkel catamaran that are on film and I need to get them scanned because one of them is into the sun and is probably one of my favorites... but these give you a good idea.

So to anyone wanting to be mermaids out there (or buy them for your very happy daughters) we actually buy the tails online. Lots of options to look for.

We bought the sparkly tops off of a cheerleading/dance website (because we are modest mermaids.) and we made the shell/net tops ourselves.

And just in case you are wondering, we do all of us sing like mermaids as well. Twinkie recorded us singing Lil Mermaid at the Family Karaoke in DLounge the other week. Wonder how I can get that on here...

:fish::fish::fish::snail::rolleyes1:rolleyes1: <---fishes & singing mermaid smiley faces

Ahhhhhh!!!! So cool!!!! My DD loves mermaids and I can't wait to show her your pics!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks so much for posting this! I kind of worried after I posted that I was being too nosy. But special people like you deserve to be noticed and admired.

Princess Bree said:
Thanks so much for posting this! I kind of worried after I posted that I was being too nosy. But special people like you deserve to be noticed and admired.

My apologies for not noticing sooner! In any case, I have the distinct privilege of actually being twin mermaids plus we have tiaras so that makes us princesses! But all you ladies can be too, well at least princess mermaids.. Not sure what to tell u bout the twin part... You can pick your colors and fabrics and its made based off your measurements. My honey is funny. He just expects it now. Probably my crowning achievement was designing lasting and functional shells...

Thanks all for the comments!

Bear3412 said:

I have a journal but I haven't posted it..but the sail n snorkel was with SeaHorse tour group when we were on the Carn Dream late Feb/Mar. We bought it off Price line/ shore excursion group.com. it was $56 and there were tons and tons of fish on cannonball reef (this is Nassau). Its very full of lots of us tourists so the catamarab was full but everyone was nice. The rum punch on the way was very very very free flowing with reggae music (not sure if that was for everyone or the mermaid they hauled in as they joked...) We only had a few hrs so it was a great half day.

Loved your pics! My DD would just freak out if she saw you guys on the beach. She's still at that stage/age where she believes everything....omg she'd go on for days about how she saw mermaids :)

So I get how you swim in them but how do you walk across the beach in them? Also what make up do you wear? Make Up Forever?

AnotherPrincess said:
So I get how you swim in them but how do you walk across the beach in them? Also what make up do you wear? Make Up Forever?

I bought makeup from Sephora online, they have waterproof eyeliner and big bright crayon eye shadow (I bought green and aqua of that). I still use it when I want my makeup to stay put. Those crayons DO NOT come off but for quite a bit of effort. Also worked nicely for the Sea Lion photos and then beach day after. I only spent $8-$12 on each item at Sephora. They made me believers!

As for the walking... Heh.. We walk in them about as well as Ariel would have without legs...

Its not a totally pretty process but now that I have my single monofin with the feet together, I can suit up quite quickly now. On a beach or a rock, stick feet in to the fin, one then the other, tighten the strap and pull up the mermaid tail to the waist. Walla. I am much faster at it then I used it to be. When I went to blue lagoon, I popped it off, walked from the reef side to the lagoon side and popped it back on. When I was on the snorkel catamaran, I did the booty scoot up and down their ladder/stairs so I could get in and out of the water twice.

Pink Twinkie mermaid has a zipper she had added as on option but I still don't see how you could ever walk in something that slim.

My thing is what to transport it in. I have yet to find a bag that actually fits my single monofin. The only thing I found that works is a big inflatable mattress Guest Rest bag. Its quite big but not obnoxious. Then I could pack all our shoes, my cavalier pirate hat n belt n extra odd shaped things and my shells. I think I did find a duffle bag that was close for going to the beach...

Happy mermaiding!

That's freakin awesome! How did you come about this and how long have you been doing this. Also, I loved your post about the sea lion encounter! I used to work with them in Mississippi :). Glad to hear they are well and happy

Jodi

1EvilQueenfan said:
That's freakin awesome! How did you come about this and how long have you been doing this. Also, I loved your post about the sea lion encounter! I used to work with them in Mississippi :). Glad to hear they are well and happy

Jodi

Two of their sea lions came from Mississippi after Katrina. Friends of yours? :)

Ordered my tail the night I saw Pirates 4 for obvious reasons. (The mermaids are coming back, I know it. When she took him to the depths, we haven't seen the end that.)

The Jamaican cruise last year was the first beach it went to, before that I would wear it in our pool than on our friends boat at the lake. Its been to Montego Bay, chankanaab cozumel, Cannonball reef and blue lagoon in Nassau, castaway cay and orange beach Alabama.

Two of their sea lions came from Mississippi after Katrina. Friends of yours? :)

Ordered my tail the night I saw Pirates 4 for obvious reasons. (The mermaids are coming back, I know it. When she took him to the depths, we haven't seen the end that.)

The Jamaican cruise last year was the first beach it went to, before that I would wear it in our pool than on our friends boat at the lake. Its been to Montego Bay, chankanaab cozumel, Cannonball reef and blue lagoon in Nassau, castaway cay and orange beach Alabama.

They sure are :). I miss them too! We are getting married on the Dream sailing Jan 19-23 and when I read your post I researched it! I would love to see them again but the Nassau day is the day of the wedding so I don't think I'll have time:(

I think the mermaid is so cool! Have you seen the addition of them to the POTC ride at WDW?

I'll have to research them online!

1EvilQueenfan said:
They sure are :). I miss them too! We are getting married on the Dream sailing Jan 19-23 and when I read your post I researched it! I would love to see them again but the Nassau day is the day of the wedding so I don't think I'll have time:(

I think the mermaid is so cool! Have you seen the addition of them to the POTC ride at WDW?

I'll have to research them online!

I don't blame u for missing them, they are such sweeties! Maybe u will get back to Nassau to say hello another time! Congrats on the wedding! They are getting ready to have twins you know. Can't remember which mama it is as several of them are pregnant.

Rode POTC in late Feb. Were their mermaids then on it?? If so, I either can't recall them or missed them! And we didn't have time to add it in our four park blitz on wed Apr 10th. Hmm now I'm a lil irritated . how could I have missed mermaids...

Rode POTC in late Feb. Were their mermaids then on it?? If so, I either can't recall them or missed them! And we didn't have time to add it in our four park blitz on wed Apr 10th. Hmm now I'm a lil irritated . how could I have missed mermaids...

Yes they were there in Feb :) I LOVE the new mermaid addition there :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter