Question for those with loved ones who have/had ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

BigDopeyMom

Mouseketeer
I have been reading the DIS boards for a while, but this is my first time in the Coping and Compassion section. I just cried my way through a bunch of threads about ALS. They really hit home....my Mom died from ALS a year and a half ago, and I'm still so very sad about it.

I don't even have the strength to write the story about my Mom's ALS, but I would like to offer hugs and prayers to all of you who have lost someone to ALS and those of you who are caring for someone with ALS. It is a really terrible disease, plain and simple.

I do have a question for those of you affected by ALS: Was the person diagnosed with ALS ever taking Lipitor (cholesterol medication)? I am convinced that my Mom's ALS was triggered by Lipitor...I have read many articles online about the possible connection. I am just curious about those who have written about ALS on the DIS boards...how many of the people with ALS were on Lipitor at some point in their life?

:grouphug: For those affected by this terrible disease :grouphug:

:hug: I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Jim, my DH, has ALS - he has never been on Lipitor (I've been on it for years...) - the only medication he was on before ALS was for his high blood pressure.

I despise ALS - it is just too cruel.

My DH passed away from ALS, but he never took Lipitor. I am sorry about your Mom.

-marti

My dad passed away from ALS but he never took Lipitor or any other type of meds (except for the typical Advil, etc.). Sorry to hear about your Mom, will keep you in my prayers too. My dad passed in 1999 and somedays it still isn't easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter