question for those who have done adult departures

kristilew

DIS Veteran
We are looking at the Spain trip for next summer, when DD will be 19. The one that lines up best for our dates is an adult exclusive. I'd love to hear from those of you who have done these departures if there have been any young adults on them, and any reflections you might have.

I'm thinking even if we went on a family departure, DD would choose to hang with us rather than the junior adventurers, but there is always a chance there would be families with several kids, at least one college age kid. On the other hand, maybe families with older teens prefer the adult trips?

Input? Thanks!

On my Southwest Splendors ABD, there was one family with a 20-year-old daughter. She seemed to enjoy hanging with the adults.

Same thing on my Greece Adults Only ABD, there was a family that was on the trip as a college graduation gift for their daughter. She seemed to have fun with the group, also. There were a couple of young-ish folks in their mid-twenties, I'd guess, with one parent each, also.

None of my other Adults Only trips had young adults.

My experience has been that the adults get pretty kid-like on the Adults Only trips, because they don't need to act like Adults. :) Unless you think she'd be lonely without others her age, I think it would be great.

Sayhello

We have done 3 of the Adult only trips and the first one we had an 18 year old on and our most recent one we had a recent college grad there with her folks. They have as much fun as the adults and honestly I think they would enjoy the Adult only a bit more than one with kids.

I have done three adult ABD trips. On the first one, there was one young couple. On the second one there was one young adult traveling with his parents. On the third one, there were a couple of young adults.

Having said that, on all of the trips, I found that people who wanted to be sociable didn't seem to care about age.

I have never done an adult only, but having just completed the Spain ABD, I will say I think this trip is great, and you'll have fun no matter what!

DH and i just returned from the Viva Italia adults only trip Friday evening and had a blast. We were two of the youngest at 24/26 and there were two other girls who traveled with their parents who were 25/26. We had no issues hanging out with the older group. We had a really good group to travel with and it was a blast. Even in my mid-20s I can't imagine traveling with "junior adventures" at 19, I would have felt the same. I think she will be fine traveling with just the adults, the guides keep you busy enough she probably won't even notice the age difference anyways. :thumbsup2

I literally just got back (2 days ago in fact) from the last Adult Exclusive to Central Europe. I was the youngest one on the trip I believe and most of the others on the trip acted as if they were still in high school most of the time. You would think we were at a frat party most of the time the way these "adults" were acting.

I literally just got back (2 days ago in fact) from the last Adult Exclusive to Central Europe. I was the youngest one on the trip I believe and most of the others on the trip acted as if they were still in high school most of the time. You would think we were at a frat party most of the time the way these "adults" were acting.

We were on the Central Europe one that left the week before and sounds like we had a much more subdued group. :). Although I was the one acting like a kid when I got to hold the paddle of power :)

Can I ask how old you are? It makes a difference as far as the OP's question is concerned...

Sayhello

We were on the Central Europe one that left the week before and sounds like we had a much more subdued group. :). Although I was the one acting like a kid when I got to hold the paddle of power :)

You got to hold the paddle of power?!? I am jealous :rotfl:

Now, to my actual answer: I agree with what Tayber said. I have only done one adults-only adventure, but on the one I did there were 5 young adults that I would put somewhere between 25-32, so no one as young as 19, though I don't think it would matter much in this case. The young adults made up about 20% of our total group. Some with parents, and some together. A few adventurers asked our young couple if they were bothered by the fact they were surrounded by mostly older folks, and they said not at all. They loved it, and they had done an adventure before, so they knew going in. On my first adventure, we had 2 families that had "kids" who were between 16-22. They mostly hung out with the adults, and even did the wine tasting (we were in Italy) and it was no problem at all. They seemed to have a good time. In my experience, all the adventurers are pretty friendly on most trips and if she gets along with adults and/or doesn't mind being around them, then you'll have a great time.

We just got back yesterday from the Adult Peru trip. The youngest was in their early twenties but most of the people on our forty person tour acted extremely young at heart. We certainly laughed and cut up equally with everyone regardless of age. I would say take her and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter