question for those wearing buttons celebrating something

We have 3 birthdays in 14 days Nov 18-Dec 4, and we went to Disney over Thanksgiving week in 2010 to "celebrate" them all. My youngest's birthday happened to be Thanksgiving Day, and we had each of the "birthday" celebrators in our family choose a single day. But on my youngest's birthday, we added "I'm 3 today!"

It was Thanksgiving Day and CROWDED and not a ton of attention. But I did stop by a bakery store, and asked for help in choosing a special something for my birthday child. :) they helped me choose a large cookie, decorated it a little more then gave her a marshmellow pop.

My husband, however, got a LOT of attention for wearing his birthday button. Maybe because he was an adult?! LOL

We noted the birthday celebrations on the table services we were using to "celebrate" each person...but nothing special was said/done. No biggie...wasn't looking for special treatment but if something was said, great.

Now, because her sister got to have a birthday at Disney, my first daughter is asking when we can go for HER birthday. It's August 1st. How do I let her know that we do NOT want to go in August?!

I've only worn a button once - when I was on my honeymoon. We didn't wear them for our entire trip, just for the couple days following our DFTW. We got tons of congratulations and happy wishes, which was really nice. CM's really went out of their way to say something nice to us. One CM at the Epcot entrance had a little conversation with my DH, making sure that he knew that the two most important words in his vocabulary needed to be "yes" and "dear", now that he was married lol It was really cute. There were also guests who had well wishes for us, which was nice. I like seeing people be nice to others who are celebrating. That being said, my DH is a really shy man and he didn't care for everyone talking to him and bringing attention to him all of the time lol We did get some pixie dust on this trip (including free cakes at dinner, confetti on our tables, free champagne and card signed by the fab five in our room, and a few other things) but I think that they had more to do with the fact that we noted that we were celebrating on our room and dining reservations.

We were there last Sept. We all wore 1st Visit buttons and my son wore a birthday button (he turned 9). Tons of CMs wished him Happy Birthday! No one mentioned our first visit.

At Chef Mickey's he was given a different color napkin to wave (this appeared to be the norm since several people had them) and was brought a chocolate cupcake. Minnie also shook his hand first when she came to our section.

This Sept my best friend and I will be wearing birthday buttons (celebrating our 40th with the trip) and my DH and I will wear anniversary buttons (we'll be celebrating our 17th the day after we arrive.)

Yes. I've gotten signed Mickey/Minnie card at hotel with a code for a free PP pic. At Biergarten, I got a signed card from the wait staff and a gingerbread cookie. Cupcake at CP. For our anniversary, we got free champaigne at Le Cellier and a nice decorated dessert at CG with a card. We also had a CM pull us out of rope drop at AK, after noticing our buttons, and we had a magical moment of getting to ride the first safari car before opening.

We wore our first visit pins in 2008, and I don't remember any special acknowledgements of those, but, as far as I'm concerned, just BEING at Disney is an amazing amount of pixie dust:) It's the best vacation in the world! Going back on June 3rd for 7 days...celebrating our DDs birthdays and planning on them wearing the pin all 7 days! Their birthdays are actually on July 16th and August 30th, but this is the one week we can go, so I feel no shame in it not being their ACTUAL birthday or very close to it:thumbsup2 So excited and ready to BE THERE!:woohoo:

I know I'll be getting 1st time buttons for my kids when we go in Nov. but I'm wondering if it would be in poor taste to get a celebration button for my DD? She's 4 and will be having her 2nd open heart surgery this year before we go. I'd like to get her a celebration one saying Heart Surgery Survivor or something like that. Too much?

No :( We've been three times for several days at a time and the only thing we've ever gotten was a free rice krispy Mickey from a server at the Liberty Inn, and once at Tony's they put pixie dust on the table (both for my daughter's birthday). The barbershop singers also sang happy birthday to her on Main Street.

Goodness! I think the rice krispy treat, pixie dust, and song ARE pixie dust!

I know I'll be getting 1st time buttons for my kids when we go in Nov. but I'm wondering if it would be in poor taste to get a celebration button for my DD? She's 4 and will be having her 2nd open heart surgery this year before we go. I'd like to get her a celebration one saying Heart Surgery Survivor or something like that. Too much?

Definitely do it! That is something worth celebrating for sure. Blessings to your little one as she has her surgery.

OMG, are you kidding?? If ANYONE has something to celebrate, that little sweetheart does !!!! :love: She should wear that celebration button PROUDLY!!! Big hugs to you and your family !!! :grouphug:

when we wereat wdw a few years ago for our 30th anniversary just as we were walking to the american adventure the cm asked for our name when we told him our name he said 'I thought so" and said there was a phone call

and directed us to a phone in the hallway--when we picked up the phone the whole gang sang happy anniversary

that was so fun--the came cm came up to us and said we should take a special elevator and take whatever seat we wanted in the theatre

we're going again in aug--first on the fantasty and then to wdw

this time we are celebrating Im cancer free!!!!:goodvibes

I wonder what kind of pin they have for that

My DD turned 8 last month and she wore her Birthday pin. She LOVED all the Birthday wishes. I think she lost count after around 80 "Happy Birthdays" :) (yes, she tried to keep track! :) ) She also received numerous stickers, a Mickey straw, phone call from Goofy in the resort gift shop, pixie dust (glitter) sprinkled in her hair and free cotton candy from the confectionery in MK.

I told her not to expect anything, so all of that was a real bonus for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter