• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question for those of you who have used the $199 tickets

BabsBunny

Mouseketeer
Did you have any problems with using your $199 tickets yourselves or did anyone you purchased them for have any problems?

I ask because last week I called and purchased three more tickets for our January trip. While the CM didn't say anything negative when we bought our original four tickets last month, last week's CM did. She suggested we make sure we go to a gate and get the paper tickets because there have been problems.

Ugh. This was not in my plan. DH and I were planning on running errands and not visiting a park our first day, but I'm sure the five young adults with us will want to go. I guess I should run over to MK with them to get the paper tickets and make sure they get in?

Following this thread since my sister is a DVC member and plans to purchase these tickets for a March trip. I see that the limit is 8 tickets, yet when I go to purchase them online, I am allowed to put 10 tickets in the cart. I assume that it won't allow me to check out with 10 in my cart? I also see that it requires a name be assigned to each ticket at check out. Can this be switched after purchase? My sister has the room reservations made but at this point we aren't sure if all of us can make the trip.Could be a max of 11 of us going and as few as 4. But I guess we need to decide quick since the tickets need to be purchased in a couple of days. Hopefully if there is a glitch and the adults in our party aren't allowed to use these special tickets, we might only be able to use 4 of the tickets: my sister (DVC member) and the 3 kids in our party.

Did you have any problems with using your $199 tickets yourselves or did anyone you purchased them for have any problems?

I ask because last week I called and purchased three more tickets for our January trip. While the CM didn't say anything negative when we bought our original four tickets last month, last week's CM did. She suggested we make sure we go to a gate and get the paper tickets because there have been problems.

Ugh. This was not in my plan. DH and I were planning on running errands and not visiting a park our first day, but I'm sure the five young adults with us will want to go. I guess I should run over to MK with them to get the paper tickets and make sure they get in?

Had NO PROBLEMS and we were staying onsite, but the 4 other people were staying OFFSITE! The offsite relatives bought MagicBands before the stay, linked the tickets to their magicbands and none of us needed to go to Guest Services.
We arrived to Magic Kingdom about 3 hours after them and I was WORRIED that it would be a problem! :eek: Just in case, I suggested to our relatives to pack the reference number that was given to me by MS for their purchase and bring it to the parks. In our case, I telephone Member Services and gave MS a credit card for each couple. This way, each couple entered their own reference number into MDE and then 30 days in advance made FP.
BEST OF LUCK! We had a 4 night/5 day stay, so the 4 day ticket worked PERFECTLY FOR US!:)

We used the $199 tickets earlier this month for ourselves and some friends with no issues.

We (DVC owners) made a side trip to Universal while our friends with younger kids headed straight to the Disney parks. I had already linked their tickets to their magic bands 60 days before so that fastpass + reservations could be made. I was a little concerned that there could be issues with us not present, but they had no problems entering the parks.

Thanks for your responses. I wrote down the two ticket numbers and put them in my wallet. I think I'll write them down for the kids to carry with them along with our DVC member number.

We are all staying at VWL. My older son and his two friends (who are staying in a studio) dragged their heels deciding if they wanted the $199 deal or a hopper (which would have cost double). In the meantime, I bought and linked the $199 tickets for me, DH, younger son and his friend. We are in a two bedroom. Anyway, everyone is linked up and the Magic Bands have arrived. Fingers crossed. :)

I purchased these for our trip next week and linked them to our magic bands. I was told I would have to go to a guest service window to have the tickets activated before I could enter a park. Did anyone else experience this? I thought if they were already linked everything would be good to go. TIA!

Curious to know the answer to this. My sister purchased tickets for our mid-March trip. She said no one told her they needed activation. We've been able to use the tickets for our FP +

We used these tickets the week before Christmas and no extra steps were required. They were linked in MDE automatically. We used our magic bands to enter the park and had no problems. Didn't have to show ID, didn't have to go to guest relations. Just walked right in!

We used these tickets the week before Christmas and no extra steps were required. They were linked in MDE automatically. We used our magic bands to enter the park and had no problems. Didn't have to show ID, didn't have to go to guest relations. Just walked right in!

Thank you for this! I was able to have them linked and reserve our FP so we should be good to go.

We purchased these for our Christmas trip. The only issue we had was when I went to of FP+ they were not recognized. I had to call MS and they had to put a special "ticket" on each of my family members so that I could make the FP+. It was frustrating because, as you know, so many FP+ have a very small availability window - especially in December.

They did get things fixed for me and when we got to the parks had ZERO issues.

The 6 of us used the tickets Jan 5th,6 7 and 11th....We did not get to all 4 parks but did go to 3 each...just not the same time...
The magic bands worked perfectly even with switching resorts..although we did get new MB.s for the 2nd resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter