Question for Those in the know-directions from MCO to HRH

mofred

Proud to be an American
I called the hotel and was told to take the North exit from the airport onto the Beeline Expressway (523W), then get on I-4East at exit 30A and head in.

I've been looking at a map and it seems easier and more straight forward to take route 482 (Sand Lake Road) from the North Exit of the Airport. Is there a problem with this road?

If there isn't a problem this way, should I get on I-4 where it crosses Sand Lake Road (can I?) or can I make a right onto Turkey Lake Road and go in from there?

Sorry if this isn't the right board, but I didn't know where to put it. It seems like the transportation board is mostly WDW.

Thanks in advance.

I always take the Florida Turnpike myself ... Bee Line to the Turnpike North to I-4 WEST then follow the signs.

The "problem" with the Sand lake Road route is finding it. It can be tricky if you don't know where you're going, but here's an attempt to describe it:

Take the airport's north entrance and ignore the signs for the Bee Line Expressway. Go straight ahead, OVER the expressway. At the first light, turn left.

This takes you on to McCoy Rd, which snakes around to the left and then turns right, paralleling the expressway. At the next light turn left and then right at the next light (a 7-11 shop). Then keep going straight until McCoy Rd merges into Sand Lake.

Take Sand Lake about 5 miles to Universal Blvd. Turn right and this takes you straight to the HRH.

A bonus to this route is that you avoid the toll.

Kelly-thank you so much! I'll have to see if I have the guts to try this;)

BTW, I love your book! My children and I have been devouring it!

Last night I just went to Expedia.com and mapped the directions. It is 13.8 miles from the airport and says it takes 24 minutes.

I have to agree that the BeeLine to I-4 is the easiest for out-of-towners. So you have to go through a couple tolls! It is quicker & easier that Sand Lake road. Also, you can take either exit 30A or 30B. I prefer 30B to north on Kirtland Rd, then left on Major Bvd, right on Universal Blvd, and left into HRH. (Then right if you want self parking). :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter