Question for Recent Magic Cruisers

Ashley24

DIS Veteran
Are they still taking Palo reservations immediately upon entering the ship? Is it at Palo or somewhere else?
Thanks!
Ann

Hi there, We were on the March 22nd Magic, and we made reservations as soon as we got on board. They were taking them at the Rockin D Bar. We did'nt get on board until 2:15 PM but we still were able to get reservations for dinner one night and the Champange Brunch. Both were excellent by the way!! Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did! Ours was perfect!! One of the special pleasures on board was the wonderful chocolate souffle we had at dinner.

We were on the Marh 8th sailing of th Magic. They took Palo reservations as soon as we were on board ( we boarded around 12:30) in Rockin' Bar D. We also made Champagne Brunch reservations - we were advised to go early in the week for that.

We had a great time - I am slowly but surely working on my trip report for the disboard!

If you have any other questions, reply or private message me.

Ottawacruiser

Hi - We just got off the 3/29 cruise, and they still take reservations at the Rockin' Bar D. We were able to get Palo and Brunch reservations, but not High Tea. The cast member was pretty short with us because we didn't know that there weren't any High Tea spots left and there were limited brunch spots left, and we were trying to schedule things to fit in with the shore excursions, etc. It was pretty frustrating.
IMHO, I wish they would figure out a better system for taking reservations. The way it is now, only those who get on early have a chance at High Tea and get better times for the other Palo meals.

How much is the Champange Brunch? I think I might like to try this on our 7 day next February. What about the Tea at Palo? How much is that? Do you make reservations right away for that too? I don't know which one of these to do, but I would like to try one on our next cruise. We have only been to Palo once, and I don't want to go for dinner (we want to be with the kids at dinner). But during the day, we wouldn't mind going to something special.
Thanks,
DJ

You make all reservations for dinner, brunch and high tea at the same location and you book them all at once.

The brunch is $10, the dinner is $5 and no charge for the high tea.

MJ

All at the same place, but different tables. They give you a number and they will call your number so you can go up to the table to make the dinner reservations. I'm not sure if the number is also for tea/brunch or not.

We were on board very early and still didn't get tea reservations. Since they only do tea on sea days, it's going to be a tough one to get on the Western since there's one less sea day.

We were also on the 8th, and had 2 of our group of 4 go straight to Rockin D for our Palo Reservations. I think we were #6. So send someone straight to Rockin D and you should be able to get in. We did dinner on the 1st formal night on the eastern.

Hey Rae, do you want to reserve together?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter