Question for recent cruisers who booked thru Dreams Unlimited

RellingTwin

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone got the "gift" we were told about several months ago. I know the offer was removed from the web site, but I was told anyone who was promised a surprise gift before the removal of the offer from the web site would still have a gift in their stateroom.
Can anyone confirm this, and if so tell us what it was. THANKS!

Sorry to pick on your spelling, but I love the typo in this one!!! Kind of a Freudian slip!!

(RESENT instead of recent....funny!)

'Beano':cool:

Why did dreams stop the surprise gift?
We had three rooms booked for March 2003 cruise through DREAMS and had three surprise gifts. It was wonderful.
We booked on board and moved our reservations to DREAMS for our March 2004 cruise. Our paper work say we would get the surprise gifts on our March 2004 cruise. I did notice that the web page no longer says anything about the gift. Since we booked before they stopped the gift would the rooms that our party booked still get the gift or not?

We received a gift on our August 16th cruise. I will let you know about our upcoming November 6th cruise. The website used to say that 8 reservations were needed for everyone to get a gift.

I would like to know the answer to this one too...we are booked for May 8th and when I booked it also said gift for 8 or more parties booked.

We had 14 booked on our cruise at the time they took that off the website.
In our stateroom there was the Bon Voyage captain Mickey photo box that is in the gifts booklet. I'm not sure if that is what Dreams is giving to everyone these days, but as of just a few days ago, that is what we recieved!

The gift is one of the reasons I chose DU. I booked way back in June, 2002 for our 3/04. I do hope we still get the gift (provided 8 or more book through DU).

Hi Folks

I thought I addressed this issue previously but could not find the thread. Anyway, here's what is happening with the ammenity in a 'nutshell'...

Several months ago Disney Cruise Line changed the way they handle certain travel agent incentives, specifically doing away with the 'gift' placed in a guest’s stateroom when a travel agency books more than 8 staterooms on a particular sail date that is not in a pre-arranged group. Dreams Unlimited has been in discussion with Disney Cruise Line letting them know our disappointment with this policy change as we were encouraged by them to use this as a way to encourage our clients to ask family and friends to join them on their cruise.

During these discussions, we at Dreams Unlimited Travel made the decision to remove this wording from our clients reservation review page so that our clients would not be disappointed if they were to see this just prior to travel and expect a gift but not receive one.

The result of those conversations so far is that Disney Cruise Line will place the gift in the room for Dreams Unlimited Travels clients traveling by 12/31/2003 where there are 8 staterooms or more and where it has already been promised. We are still talking with Disney Cruise Line regarding 2004 sailings, as well as working on our own solution for future sailings.

So, if your sail date is in 2003 and there were more than 8 staterooms booked prior to Disney's policy change you will be getting the gift in your stateroom (provided the number of staterooms does not fall below 8 prior to sailing).

If you would like me to let you know if you will be getting the gift specifically for your sailing - I would be happy to do so - simply email me at john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

Thanks
John

Thanks for the explanation John and keeping our fingers crossed for our Feb 22,2004 cruise (Wonder). We also already had 8 rooms booked.:(

I sure hope we get the gift in our rooms for our March 2004 cruise. We received a gift on our March 2003 cruise and loved it. We talked my inlaws and my cousin into cruising with us in 2004 and told my cousin about how much we enjoyed the surprise gift in all three of our rooms. We reserved 3 staterooms on board our March 2003 cruise for a March 2004 cruise and transfered them to Dreams knowing we would be getting the gifts. We even added a fourth room. When we added the fourth room there were 13 families booked through DREAMS and FOUR are from us. Disney should at least give the gifts to the families that Dreams had already had them promised to.

Have to vent!

:mad: Guess I will be sending DCL a little note.
IMO it is not good business to tell someone they will be getting a gift and then take it away. If DCL wanted to stop the offer of the surprise gift to customers after a certain date thats fine but taking the offer away from people that had already been told they would get it is not right.
:(

Maybe those of us that had already been told we would be getting the gift should get together and send DCL a letter.

I Feel better

thank you

The February 14th 2004 cruise we booked back in August of 2002, also had more than 8 booked per the note on Dreams website, but that disappeared some months ago. I just assumed that someone must have canceled, which made us not eligible. Having a gift would be nice, but would not upset me if we didn't get it.

Robin ºOº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter