question for parrotheads

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Whats your favorite Jimmy CD?
Been listening to this one (all the great hits) for quite a few months now. Thinking of getting another
What's your favorite?
Which has the song "it was a great cruise?"

That's a hard choice!
I really like "Floridays" which includes

1. I Love the Now
2. Creola
3. First Look
4. Meet Me in Memphis
5. Nobody Speaks to the Captain No More
6. Floridays
7. If It All Falls Down
8. No Plane on Sunday
9. When the Coast Is Clear
10. You'll Never Work Is Dis Bidness Again

Would the song be Lovely Cruise from the Son of a sailor cd?

Lovely Cruise

Drink it up this one's for you
It's been a lovely cruise
Sorry it's ending yah it's sad but it's true
These moments were left with
May you always remember
These moments are shared by few
There's wind in our hair
And there's water in my shoes
These moments were left with
May you always remember
These moments are shared by few
Those harbor lights
They're coming into view
We'll bid our farewell much too soon
So Drink it up
This one's for you
Ah honey it's been a lovely cruise
Ah sugar it's been a lovely cruise

OOPPS! Sorry,
Lovely cruise is from the Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes cd.

"Floridays" and "Changes In Latitudes" were my first 2 cd's and still hold a special place for me. :) The cool thing about Jimmy is that every cd seems to strike a chord (so to speak) at different times. Although I never listen to "SYKBH" these days, I am enjoying "Meet Me In M'ville". I think it 's a nice mix of the old and newer stuff.
So, anyone here going to MOTM in Nov? (Or Chicago or Vegas shows?) ;)

lyd

I am proud to be participating in the 2003 Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk. Please sponsor me by making a donation of your choice on my behalf. All funds raised will support programs and services for those afflicted with this devastating disease.
http://www.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=25130&u=25130-1055839

Favorite song, One Particular Harbor, favorite CD, Changes in Latitude. To the OP, if you're looking for a CD that gets you a lot of Buffet muscle, try "Songs You Know By Heart."

Favorite JB moment: in 1983, four of us piled into a Chevy Van and drove from State College PA to Key West to float around in inner tubes and watch "Buffet Live By The Bay." Cherished memories. However, the drive back was a bruiser.....

*sigh*
I love that song, Pat.
It always comes to mind when I get to Castaway Cay on the Disney cruise

And there's that one particular harbor
Sheltered from the wind
Where the children play on the shore each day
And all are safe within

I am REALLY lovin' Meet Me in Margaritaville!

My favorite song...Son of a Sailor, but I don't really care for the new version on the MMiM CD.

A1A is loaded with great stuff like Presents to send you, Stories We Could Tell, Hurricane Season, Tin Cup Chalice, Migration, Pirate looks at Forty,
Changes in Lattitude
Floridays

I love all the old stuff, with some of the newer stuff growing on me. There are so many favorite lines like
I've got my hushpuppies on, I guess I never was meant for glitter rock and roll..And Honey I didn't know that i'd be missing you so....

Yes I am a pirate 200 yrs too late. The cannons don't thunder there's nothing to plunder, I'm an over 40 victim of fate, arriving too late.....
I love the song He Went to Paris, it can make me cry, so can Captain and the Kid,
The line from Jamaica Mistaika always cracks me up
You should have seen their faces when they finally realized
we were not some coked up cowboys sporting guns and alibis..
Dh loves Pencil Thin Mustache and recently I have been loving Barefoot Children in the Sand..
Whew... as you can tell a major parrothead here. I wish I could go to MOTM.. I"m gonna bein the keys I think one week later for Pirates in Paradise. I'm going to look at the calendar and see if I could combine them both. I'll ask the usual question.. Do you think Jimmy will be there?

Now I can't concentrate, period! I feel the urge to get in the Camry and motor towards Key West (stopping for a night in Orlando, of course).

A most mysterious calling harbor
So far but yet so near
Where I see the day when my hair's full gray
And I finally disappear

I need me a Hurricane, some shades, and sand under my feet.

I just opened my pc music files and put all the buffett stuff on. Are you going or have you ever been to MOTM? Just one more reason to move to FLA. it would be more doable to make a trip to the keys.

I've just recently found that I love Jimmy Buffet.
I don't have any of his cd's - yet :D

Originally posted by Tiggeroo
I wish I could go to MOTM.. I"m gonna bein the keys I think one week later for Pirates in Paradise. I'm going to look at the calendar and see if I could combine them both. I'll ask the usual question.. Do you think Jimmy will be there?

Tiggeroo.... What is Pirates in Paradise? What club are you in? They're saying registration is filling up faster this year, so don't wait too long to decide!
There are so many great people and bands at MOTM, that you really don't miss Jimmy. Of course, when he showed up for us last year, was just icing on the cake! You just never know! ;) I will be spending the week after at WDW, with a trip to City Walk M'ville that Thurs to celebrate my BD with friends and listen to Sunny Jim. Sometimes Life IS just a tire swing! ;)

It's so hard to pick a favorite but I think A1A is my favorite. However, if I was thinking of buying my first I'd probably go with one of the compliation albums--
Songs You Know By Heart, You Had To Be There, Feeding Frenzy, or Meet Me In Margaritaville.

My favorite song... Well I like Trying to Reason with the Hurricane Season (just love the melody), Gypsies in the Palace (reminds me of my house-sitting days) and The Great Peanut Butter Conspiracy(though I still wonder if Jimmy ever paid the Mini-Mart back ;), LOL)

As you can tell I have a hard time picking just one, my favorites change with my mood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter