• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question for Palo souffle recipe

MommyMouse

Compulsive Vacation Planner
For those who have made the Chocolate Souffle recipe, is it imperative to use the "Dutch processed cocoa" ?:confused3 I want to make it TONIGHT, but not sure if my local supermarkets will carry it. Thanks so much :goodvibes

Disneybridein2k3 said:
I made this souflee with Hershey's baking cocoa and it worked out wonderfully!

Same here!!!!!! :cool1:

I have not made it yet so I am glad to hear what others have used. To be honest the I was a little put off on where to find the correct "Dutch" chocolate and even the vanilla beans. I have never looked for or bought vanilla beans before. Can anyone help me out with that one?

I'm pretty sure McCormick or any of the other major spice companies has whole vanilla beans in their bottles. Just check the spice aisle in your supermarket.

Thanks all for your reply. I ended up NOT making the souffle tonight :sad:
I do have Hershey's cocoa...so I could have used it. Can't wait to make it now :earboy2: And yes....the vanilla beans come in a jar (whole) in the spice isle. You just slice it down the middle and scrape out the beans.

Where can I find the recipe for the chocolate souffle?? I would love to make it- especially since our trip is 4 months away!!

Thank you!

I've found vanilla bean in specialty food stores and at Williams & Sonoma. It's expensive but tastes MUCH better than vanilla extract. I use it for my custards and souffles. 1/2 of 1 bean split down the side is enough flavoring for a typical recipe.

I'm not really much of a cook but was turned on to making souffles - with real vanilla bean - years ago at a class called Romantic Dinners at The Disney Institute.

Guys - if you want to be a hit with your wife, learn to make a souffle. :-) (The one I learned to make in class is a S'mores Chocolate Souffle with Godiva liquer as the garnish.)

Sam

I just purchased a jar of vanilla beans... I almost chocked! 2 beans for $18! But the taste is incredible.

umber said:
I just purchased a jar of vanilla beans... I almost chocked! 2 beans for $18! But the taste is incredible.

No wonder a Disney cruise is sooo expensive. They have to pay for all those vanilla beans for those Palo Souffles! :rotfl:

TCMATA, here is the receipe for the Palo's souflle. I hae posted it before onother threads.
IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Now, Sam, please send us yours.

MommyMouse said:
For those who have made the Chocolate Souffle recipe, is it imperative to use the "Dutch processed cocoa" ?:confused3 I want to make it TONIGHT, but not sure if my local supermarkets will carry it. Thanks so much :goodvibes
The term "Dutch Processed Cocoa" is used for the way the company extracts the coca butter and dries it, adding an alkaloid agent. The alternative way I believe is "water processed". Most premieum cocoa in the US is "dutch processed". It is ususally somewhere on the label in small print.

And one other bit of advice: use unsalted butter.

I had no idea vanilla beans were so expensive. And here I thought if I made the souffle I would be saving money. I think I would rather go on the cruise. LOL

I have a whole bottle of the Godiva liqueur. I bought it a while back for a choclate martini and did not like it...now I know what to use it for!

Jsme said:
I just printed it. Thanks Sam!!!!

You're welcome. I really don't have much of a sweet tooth, but this souffle is very, very good. Dare I say better than Palo's chocolate souffle?

Sam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter