Question for FE coordinators

MissDaisyofTexas

DIS Veteran
Hi--this question goes out to anyone who has coordinated the FE sign-up for your cruise.

I am that person for our upcoming cruise and so far we have over 80 cabins signed up. We are going to split into multiple groups shortly. I've asked everyone to verify their info on the list so that we can make sure everyone is still on the cruise and all their family info is correct. We are past the PIF date.

However, there are a few people on the list that signed up 6 months to a year ago that we haven't heard from or seen since, either on the DIS or on Facebook. I've sent PMs on the DIS and haven't heard back. One has never provided a cabin number. What do you do in this situation? Take them off the FE list? Keep them on in case they log on for the list right before the cruise?

Thanks!

Hi--this question goes out to anyone who has coordinated the FE sign-up for your cruise.

I am that person for our upcoming cruise and so far we have over 80 cabins signed up. We are going to split into multiple groups shortly. I've asked everyone to verify their info on the list so that we can make sure everyone is still on the cruise and all their family info is correct. We are past the PIF date.

However, there are a few people on the list that signed up 6 months to a year ago that we haven't heard from or seen since, either on the DIS or on Facebook. I've sent PMs on the DIS and haven't heard back. One has never provided a cabin number. What do you do in this situation? Take them off the FE list? Keep them on in case they log on for the list right before the cruise?

Thanks!

I'm not the coordinator for our FE, but my coordinator sent out a final check in notice on Facebook and gave people plenty of time to respond. A notice was also put on the meet thread here on the Disboards and I believe she attempted to inbox message the missing members on Facebook too. We also noticed some people had disappeared from the Facebook members list for our group...meaning after joining, they left the group page, with no notice. After several attempts and no response, they were dropped from the list at about 30 days prior to the cruise. This was really unfortunate, because some of us (including me) had already purchased and put together FE gifts for these persons already.

You need to know ahead of time how many cabins are really participating so people can prepare their gifts. It would be unfair to have the other people make gifts, spending time and money, for those who end up not participating. If the persons who signed up were really interested, they would have checked in with the board once in a while.

I would ask your members to give you input on an acceptable date for final check in (30 days, 45 days, 60 days prior to cruise, etc.). If your missing members don't check in by that date, I would remove them.

been there...done that...

i posted a general cruise FE post on this board...remember not to mention individuals...

whomever didn't respond, was dropped. simple.

it WAS interesting, though, how a person was on our list and never hung a FE or shared anything with anyone. Don't know if they dropped out of cruise last minute, or just thought the whole thing was funny. On FE participant even went so far as to check on the named cruiser with guest relations and they had no such name on their client list! ??????

anyhow, if u snooze, u looze

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter